14| I'm Happy With Who I Am

It was late at night. Koko was staying late at work and Garmadon was still at a job interview. They were the only ones left.

Reagan was sitting on the old chair in the warehouse while Lloyd fiddled with the mechanics of the huge green dragon mech. He cursed as something dropped on him as he tried to twist something to something else.

  Reagan had already finished her her homework and was currently chewing on a leftover granola bar. At first there was this awkward silence. Only the small noises of Lloyd tinkering away.

"What's your favourite colour?" Suddenly Lloyd asked.

Reagan did a double take. "What?"

"Favourite colour, go." Lloyd pulled out from under the dragons belly to look at her.

"Um..." Reagan thought. Not pink. She hated yellow.

"Orange." She said finally. "Not the colour of orange juice but that nice mango colour."

   "Mine's green." Lloyd grunted as he slid back under with a smirk.

  Reagan rolled her eyes. "Of course."

  "Favourite food?" He asked, cranking away.

  "Cherry pie." Reagan said adamantly.

  "Really? Not Apple? Or pumpkin? What about lemon meringue?" Lloyd suggested  his hand patting the concrete searching for the pliers.

  "Well what's you're favourite pie?" Reagan retorted, handing him the tool. With a small thank you he continued.

  "Apple, duh! It's the best pie ever!" Lloyd answered. "Ow"

Reagan rolled her eyes. "That is so cliche!"

  "No it isn't!"

"Yes it is!"

  Lloyd rolled himself out just enough so that he could stick his tongue out. Reagan gaped at his childish motion. With a devilish smile he shuffled under once more to place the panel back.

  "What was wrong with it anyway?" Reagan asked. As he cleaned off the oil from his hands, grimacing at the large stain on his gi.

  "I had to fix the fire power, tampered up in the middle of a robbery. Basically turned into a bomb, one more jerk it would've went off with me on it." Lloyd explained, gesturing as he put the wrench away.

  "Ooh." Reagan peered at it. "Is it a bomb now?" She tested it, kicking the mech with her foot.

  "Hey-no!" Lloyd protested. "I fixed it but that doesn't mean you kick it!"

  Lloyd huffed and pressed the panel making the dragon fall back into its sleeping position.

  "Time to go home" he announced.

  Reagan stared at him. "So we're just going to walk home in the middle of the night?"

  "No," Lloyd scoffed. "We're walking home in the middle of the night ninja style."

Lloyd helped her up the fire escape of a large skyscraper and leaped easily over the gaps. As they treaded on Lloyd's well memorized path on the roofs of Ninjago City Reagan felt a question of her own pop in her head.

  "Who are you going with to the dance?" Reagan asked.

  Lloyd's eyes were focused on his feet as he edged over a pipe they had laid over the larger space between the news station and an apartment.