Chapter 1: The Happy Hotel

The sky was red as usual, it was the end of the extermination. The angels were gone, leaving an empty city. The demon princess shoots off fireworks, initiating a new year. Demons came back out of their homes, returning from their usual lives. The clock tower resets till the next 365 days.

~Kcalb's POV~

   I woke up at my usual time in hell. I was sleeping on my comfy black bed but I woke up from my dream. It was about my first encounter with Alastor.
Kcalb: Why do I dream of my past here...?
I try to forget the time he called me adorable...I was blushing red at that. I seriously need to work on my shyness. It sounds strange how a strong demon like me could be easily flustered.

   I got up and did my usual routine. I wore my black suit and coat. After I changed my behavior, I moved to a location with no bothersome demons around. Away from any turf wars, genocides and killing sprees. My apartment was nice and elegant with a few things I kept over the years I stayed in hell. The extermination was just yesterday, decreasing the population of demons as we're too overpopulated. I'm able to protect myself from those damn angels.

   I was cooking breakfast, a simple eggs and bacon. I turn to the news to see an interesting story.
Kcalb: There's a turf war going on, I remember participating those with Alastor.
   The anchor woman Katie Killjoy spilled coffee on Tom.
Katie Killjoy: Coming up next is news from hell's very own princess, who's here to discuss a very important passion project. Stay tune for that next time~!
   She turns to Tom.
Katie: Suck it up you little bitc-!
   The audio cuts off and leaves the channel on commercials.
Kcalb: Hm, the princess of hell?

~3rd person POV~

   Kcalb finished his breakfast in time to listen to the news. He was now sitting with sweets from yesterday and drinking tea. Kcalb can surprisingly cook delicious sweets. Charlie announced her idea of a hotel, to rehabilitate demons and sinners to become better people. Once they're rehabilitated, they could be sent to heaven, making the extermination unnecessary.
Kcalb: Interesting...
   Charlie's plan didn't receive too well as no one was on board to help. She sings her plan and still, no one was convinced that the hotel will work. Katie Killjoy makes fun of Charlie. Charlie mentions Angel Dust, who is one of her customers to be rehabilitated but it ultimately backfired as he joins in the turf war with Cherri Bomb. There was a major fight between Charlie and Katie Killjoy on national tv and it suddenly cut off before it got worse.
Kcalb: Sad, it was getting interesting...her idea is not that bad. Of course, being demons...they will not like the idea of being rehabilitated.

   Kcalb finish his mini tea party and decided to go out. He looked at his outfit one last time to see if it looks presentable. Once he was done, he headed off to the city.
Kcalb: I need to do some shopping, I want to make a sweet perfect for Alastor for the next tea party...he really hates sweets though...what's bitter yet delicious?
When he arrived, he glances at some of the ruined buildings. Demons were out in the streets, minding their own business. He casually walks around to look for his favorite bakery. Since it's been many years, Kcalb can walk around without being recognized. No one remembers what the shadow demon looked like, plus he burned all of the photos of his younger self. Those who do know him just stays away from him. He walks into the bakery he was looking for and was greeted by the baker.
Baker: Welcome back Kcalb! What sweets do you want today?
Kcalb: I need your advice for something. I want to make a desert for a....friend, but he hates sweets.
Baker: Hmm....what are his favorite taste or food?
Kcalb: He likes dark coffee for sure...he likes to drink alcohol....and eat bitter foods. He also likes New Orleans food as that's where he was from before he died.