Chapter 1~Cruelty

3rd POV

"Tanjiro-san!" A voice called the boy with the checkered green and black haori, who turned his head towards the voice coming from inside his home, adjusting the basket on his back full of charcoal.

"I'm going with you into town to help you sell coal, and..." Trailing off taking out her (F/C) handkerchief from a pocket inside her kimono, using it to gently wipe his face with her looking up at him carefully making sure to get the dirt off his face, the action caused the boy's ear to turn a bit pink from her actions, however since it was cold outside, the color on the ears can easily be hidden.

"You've got a bit of dirt on your face, you should learn how to take care of yourself some more." The girl chuckled lightly, pulling her hand away, causing a bit of disappointment from the boy, but wouldn't admit it as his siblings came around the corner of his house.

"Big bro! Your going into town again today?" Came from one of his younger siblings who had a light green and black checkered pattern kimono and a light green haori, his hair in a buzz cut and the red eyes. "I'm going with you!" Came another with shoulder-length hair with fringes above her red eyes, wearing a peach colored kimono tied with a brown obi with a pink haori.

"No you mustn't Shigeru-san and Hanako-san." Answered the (H/C) female bending down to their eye level.

"(Y/N)-onne-san! How many times have we told you not to add a -san to our names!" The voice came from the younger sibling who's name was Shigeru, making his sightly older sister, Hanako, nodding in agreement.

"Ah... I'm sorry, it's hard to not use a -san when I've used it all my life." Was all that came from the much older female smiling at them.

"But you both still can't, Tanjiro-san isn't taking a cart with him today and you both know that he can walk faster than the two of you, I'll be going with him today so don't worry, I know how much you care for your older brother," Patting both their heads with different hands, "I'll take care of him so just stay home today alright? I'll sing to you guys when we get back." Pulling her hands away and giving them a warm smile.

Tanjiro who saw the conversation held his own smile, bending down as well next to the female he grew fond of over the years, "She's right two you, Hanako you should stay home, same goes to you Shigeru, I'll make sure to get tons of goodies for you alright? Hanako, I'll make sure to read to you when I get back." Gently patting both their heads as well, his two siblings nodded, happy with the deal.

The two of them stood up at the same time, before Tanjiro looked at his mom who appeared on the entrance of the warm home, "Then we'll be going Okaa-san." His mom nodding warmly at the two, "Thank you Tanjiro, (Y/N)." Nodding once again they turned their heads to the one of the siblings who had short, spiky black hair similar to his older brother Tanjiro and red eyes. He looked very similar to Tanjiro except he has a mole beneath his right eye and no scar. He wore a gray kimono top and green haori, along with a pair of baggy pants and boots. He also had on a turquoise and black patterned scarf. Tanjiro took his time doing his goodbye to him as well, making the female next to him stare at him with a smile, before seeing him notice a girl with black hair, worn tied back, decorated by pink ribbons, and eyes of a dark red color. She wore a light pink kimono with a geometric triangle pattern tied with a red and white checkered obi, without her haori and with a large sheet of white cloth tied around her, which she used to carry the youngest brother on her back.

Tanjiro noticed this and after saying goodbye to his other younger brother and oldest sister, looked at her questionably from her stare making her answer, "You are very kind Tanjiro-san, I can tell why they like love you so much, I'm sure if your good with children you'll make a nice father some day." Turning around and starting to walk to the town, knowing he will catch up soon, however the boy stood there, shocked from her compliment as he felt heat rush to his face, but before his family could notice this, he started walking, trailing off after the female, catching up to her not after long.