Chapter 5

I sent cars around to bring my friends to my house so we could get to the club together. I'd wound up in a Fashion Nova fit after all was said and done. Adina said the outfit I'd bought earlier was cute but too stiff. I wasn't really in the mood to go out anymore so I didn't argue. Not to mention she had me lookin like a whole feast out here. I pregamed a little to get into the mood. Two and half bottles of Vodquila later and I was ready to go.

Everyone was turnt up in the car. Well, the limo-my friends are extra. I laughed watching them act a fool. I promised them a good night so I'd try.

We walked straight in the door ignoring all the eye rolling and teeth sucking from the people waiting in line.

"Princess," the bouncer acknowledged.

"Hey Mac," I called back.

The place was already lit when we walked in but then the DJ announced, "Aye y'all look who just walked in. Wassup Princess?" The crowd went crazy.

"I want a drank," Dede said.

"Sit yo underage ass down," Ajai told him.

"He really tried it," Shanti laughed.

"I'm just thirsty," he defended himself.

"Then you can have some water," Dyamond said.

"Y'all come on before I lose y'all in the crowd," I interrupted. "We'll discuss this in V.I.P."

"V.I.P.?! Why didn't you say so?! Come on y'all," Tina said rallying the troops.

I rolled my eyes as I walked into my section. Boss, Freddy, Jose, and Raj were already there. Drinking, smoking, and lookin at half drunk females dance.

I turned to my friends, "Dede and Shanti, no drinking. Other than that, y'all wild out."

"Yoooo Ember brought the snitching crew," Raj said referring to my captains. They ignored him going to greet Boss and Freddy.

"Are these the strangers we've been texting all day?" Raj asked but I didn't answer.

"Oh sis still mad huh?" Joey asked.

Shanti shrugged, "She aint mad at us."

"Touche," Joey said eyeing her up.

"José, ni lo pienses," I said with my back to him.

(Jose, don't even think about it.)

"Por que no?"

(why not)

"Por un lado, ella es demasiado joven. En segundo lugar, te mataré. Tercero, Dre te matará."

(For one thing, she's too young. Second, I will kill you. Third, Dre will kill you.)

"Quien diablos es Dre?"

(Who the hell is Dre?)

"Es complicado. Él trabaja para mi papá, es todo lo que necesitas saber."

(It's complicated. He works for my dad is all you need to know.)

"Puedo tomarla de él. "

(I can take her from him.)

"Tal vez. ¿Pero puedes sacarme una bala?"

(Maybe. But can you take a bullet from me?)

"Dejar de bloquear," he mumbled.

(Stop blocking.)

I got bored after a while so I got shots going around. By the time the third round arrived, Ajai was on a couch giggling to herself and Tina was begging for weed.