Part 5 - END

"What should I wear? This one? Or this one?" I shoved two pieces of clothes in front of Chu's face.

"Yah, no need to shove it on my beautiful face!" She scowled and slapped my hands away.

I sulkily move away from her and went to Chaeng.

"Chae−"

"Left." She nonchalantly pointed out my white T-shirt. I hadn't even finished my sentence but she interjected it midway. She loved to do that, I wondered why.

Whatever, I quickly discarded my other shirt and went to the bathroom to change. When I came back, I saw a jeans jacket flying onto my face. Thanks to my quick reflexes, I could catch it before it smacked my face.

"Yah! Do you want me to kill you?" I glared at the culprit. She just shrugged her shoulder, dismissing my protest.

"Wear that too and put on a beanie." Chu pointed out the beanie on my desk. I followed her instruction and turned around to face them.

"So?" I spread my hand, asking for their approval.

They crossed one of their arms while putting the others on their chin, scrutinizing my looks.

"Oh..." Chaeng exclaimed and went rummaging my locker. Fishing out my rose gold-framed glasses, she put it on me. "Perfect." She clapped her hands, admiring her handy work.

"A... Are you sure?" I clarified once again. My confidence was below the ground right now. I felt my anxiety slowly rising and my body was jittery.

"Trust me, we are your best stylist. And thanks to us, your ugly self has transformed into the coolest gay in the neighbourhood." She nodded her head while praising themselves. Of course, they are my best stylist, I didn't have any other stylist.

I just rolled my eyes at them and picked up my phone, checking the time.

"Oh, shit, I'm gonna be late." I quickly snatched my bag and wore my shoes. The two just watched me moving back and forth in amusement.

"Bye, gays! Make sure to lock the door before you go." I grabbed my car key and dashed my way to the door.

"Idiot!" I heard Chu shouted from my room. I ignored it and kept going to where my car was parked. I started my car and hummed to Blackpink's songs playing from my car playlist.

It's been a while since Joohyun apologized to me. By a while, I meant a few weeks, maybe months, I lost count. In that span of times, we spent a lot of times together. After she apologized, we agreed that we will be friends. Although I was a bit disappointed, I respected her decision. However, I made it clear that I liked her more than friends. Hiding my feeling was something I didn't want to do, I'm never good at that anyway.

She knew about it, and she also felt the same way. But she said she didn't want to rush things, especially she's just been through a breakup. She wasn't ready to be in another relationship just yet. She didn't want it to seem like her next relationship was just a rebound. So, she wanted to sort out her feelings first before having another relationship.

We went to a couple of dates, to Jennie's parties or we will just spend our day binge-watching movies when we are free. She was hesitant at first, guarding herself against me. I had a hunch that she was afraid I'll betray her trust, just like her ex did. As if I will stoop that low. There's not even a tiny bit intention in me to do that, and I show it in my action.

Honestly, she didn't have to worry about me finding someone better than her. She was already perfect. Finding someone else was like settling for less. Her ex was an idiot for doing that to her. I was different. I wasn't one. And today, I'm going to ask her to be my girlfriend.