Romulans?!?

Captain's Log, Stardate 41655.8:

          The Enterprise is on its way to Sector 001, Earth sector, to undergo special interviews concerning our encounter with the 'Gimme' life-form. Commander Riker, Dr. Amber Presley, and the two other patients that were affected will beam down to earth for that reason. Also, we are to investigate odd and unexplained explosions several ships have encountered near that sector.
Right now, Commander Riker and I are headed to a special concert Data invited everyone to join in Ten Forward.

Riker and I slipped into our chairs in the front row, Riker by Counselor Troi and me by Dr. Crusher.
"Thank you all for attending tonight. The first song I will be performing is called River Flows in You by Yiruma." Data announced, taking a seat before everyone and positioning his violin underneath his chin.
Bow in hand, Data softly slid it across the strings, producing his latest, and favorite, classical piece. Lieutenant Commander Daren accompanied Data on the piano, but played very quietly, allowing Data's skills to shine. I closed my eyes, leaning my head back against the chair.
"Ooo! I love this song! I just realized...more like remembered, what it was!" Dr. Presley 'whispered' to Deanna. Shaking my head, I mentally chuckled. Suddenly, Data stopped in the middle of a transition. I opened my eyes and stared at him.
Eyes opened wide, Data scanned Ten Forward as he cautiously lowered his violin. Riker, with furrowed brows, glanced down at me. I returned his confused look. Standing up, I approached the Lieutenant Commander.
"Data?" I interjected as he continued to jerk his head back and forth to scan the room. "What's wrong?"
Suddenly, he snapped out of it and stood up as our eyes connected.
"Sir-"
"Captain, I'm sorry to interrupt but you are needed on the Bridge." Worf interrupted.
Sighing, I nodded.
"On my way Mr. Worf. Commander..." I acknowledged, motioning for Riker to accompany me.
Data put his violin away, then turned towards me. "May I come too, Sir?"
Nodding, I lead the way to the turbolift. "Bridge." I turned towards Data but as I opened my mouth to speak, Geordi interrupted. 
"Geordi to Captain Picard."
Tapping my communicator, I replied. "Go ahead, La Forge."
"My visor is picking up some very weird readings in  Engineering," Geordi informed.
"It could be the same red scan we just encountered." Data suggested, cocking his head to the side.
I furrowed my brows. "There was a..." I dragged off, glancing at Riker. Looking back at Data, I finished. "...scan?"
Staring at me as if I were dumb, Data tilted his head to the left. "Yes, Sir. You did not see it?" 
As the doors opened, I shook my head. "No Data...I did not. Mr. La Forge, report to my ready room in ten minutes. Status report Mr. Worf." I said as the three of us took our seats on the Bridge.
"The sensors are picking up a polarized magnetic distortion to our Portside," Worf explained. I stood up to stand behind Data.
"Analysis," I ordered, looking down at him.
"The distortion is extremely weak. It is moving very slowly-" Data stopped. 
"Mr. Data?" I questioned as he rescanned. Shaking his head, he looked up at me.
"It is gone, Sir."
I sighed.
"It has to be the Romulans, Sir," Worf concluded.
"Something must be wrong with their cloaking device. Number One," I muttered, then turned around to Riker. "Red Alert, full stop. Mr. Crusher, how long until we reach Earth?" I asked, returning to my chair.
"Twenty-eight minutes, Sir," Wesley confirmed.
  "What in the world are the Romulans doing so deep into Federation space?!" I hissed but kept my cool. Riker agreed. "Hail them," I ordered.
"No reply, Sir..." Worf dragged off, becoming very agitated.
"Of course..." I muttered. "Arm photon torpedos but....hold for my orders," I instructed, gripping the chair's armrests.
"Photon torpedoes armed. Captain..." Worf confirmed, then whipped his head towards me. "Sir, Romulan Warbird uncloaking in sector 1-0-8."
"On screen," I replied, shifting in my chair as Will stood beside Worf.
"They are firing Sir!"
The Bridge rocked, but I held firmly to my chair.
"Direct hit!" Worf informed as the ship swayed again.
"Return fire torpedos," Riker ordered, glancing down at me. I nodded for approval.
Worf fired.
"Sir, I am reading-" Wesley began but was cut off by another shot.
Suddenly, the ship spun out of control, throwing everyone out of their chairs. I flew forward and my head smashed into the ground, knocking me out.