The Invitation

Welcome, everyone, to the second installment of 'The Smeet' series! Just like before, I'll be updating on Fridays.

This one takes place about five years after 'Lost', and Ilk has gone to the Academy meanwhile. That's all I'll say for now. You'll see.

-IZ-

Indokuro behavior study.

Test subject: Cheesecake (stupid name from stupid Zim)

Day 1

Red insisted I make a diary of Cheesecake's behavior for 'future generations'. The Control Brains want that information for two reasons: so future soldiers will know what to expect should the Sobrekt ever send indokuros against our troops again (who knows? I mean, we parted on more-or-less good terms, but it's the Sobrekt we're talking about) and to see if it would be possible for an Irken to successfully train one. Cheesecake's pretty young, so it shouldn't be that hard.

Day 2

We tried to change Cheesecake's name, but he won't respond to anything else. Damn you, Zim! That aside, Cheesecake is always following me around wherever I go and goes completely nuts if I'm not within his sight. Reminds me of when Ilk would always come looking for Red when she was a smeet, except she didn't bite any foreign hands that tried to grab her.

....

Day 4

I'm starting to like Cheesecake! Red hasn't been able to lay a hand on me since he's around. Every time he suspects Red is going to strike me, even in play, Cheesecakebites his hand. His growls are so cute! The only bad thing: Red grounded us (we were sent to the corner of my room).

Day 5

Cheesecake is very intelligent. When I tilt my head, he mimics the movement. He shows interest and great curiosity. He stares at people when they do stuff. Do all indokuros do this when they are infants? Perhaps I will ask Blue sometime.

....

Pur, your 'pet' is using my carpet as a toilet! Do something about it before I throw him out of the airlock!

Red

.....

Day 8

I've taught Cheesecake some tricks. My favorite is 'fetch doughnut bag from cafeteria': it takes him only three minutes to go from the bridge to there and back. I have to teach him to not eat the doughnuts before bringing it, though. Another favorite is to attack Zim on sight. That one was Red's idea.

Day 9

Cheesecake has grown a few inches. Ilk compared him to a collie-something, a sort of canid hyoomans keep as pets. He started climbing unto my lap when I'm on the bridge. Red doesn't like it, but I reminded him he used to do the same with Ilk. He responded that Ilk wasn't a scary hybrekt with sharp claws and teeth, but he didn't lift his hand when Cheesecake stared at it warily.

....

Day 11

I took Cheesecake to the labs so they'd take blood samples and see what genomes the indokuros are made of; if we learn it we might be able to create an irkenkuro. Hey, I like the name! His hide was very thick, though, 400 needles were broken trying to pierce through it before Lena brought a big one. Cheesecake wouldn't stop shrieking and biting hands whenever he saw one. Lena nearly lost a finger. We're both grounded again.