The Fight

This is it, fellas! The moment we've all been waiting for (yeah, ME included): the fight! I must warn you, though, this chapter is a bit bloody. Not much, but graphic enough. If you're under 13 years old, you better not read.

-IZ-

The colosseum boiled with life. Neon lights danced through the area and bathed the spectators in green, blue, and blue-green. Unlike that time, when they met Sendou, all the seats were full with a cheering audience. They were mostly Igano's inhabitants, though a few rows housed outsiders both from faraway cities and towns throughout the planet. There were even alien species who managed to get tickets at the last moment, even if they ended up sitting at the far back.

This wasn't the case with Zim's guests, of course, who were put in the front rows and offered a wide range of snacks for the Irken spectators, most of which were mostly for the Tallest. Currently, though, the two Irkens were not in the seats: they were down in the cages where the Indokuros were placed until their turn to fight. The indokani were not allowed in the arena with them, as the fights got too nasty, and they might end up becoming collateral damage. Cheesecake timidly followed after them, jumping whenever any of the other indokuros banged against the bars of their cages or reached out to grab him.

The Sobrekt in charge of putting each animal into their respective corner when the time came greeted them with a snort, twitching the tip of his tail. "You must be the Irken whose pet is up against Maugrim. I can take it from here, but you might want to share a few words with your indokuro before you go. It might not live to see the light of day."

Purple felt his squeedly-spooch squirming. Red placed a hand on his shoulder. "I can give you time alone if you wish."

"N-No, it's okay..." Purple gently cupped his two fingers on Cheesecake's lower jaw, bringing him closer. "This is it, boy." He rubbed the indokuro's head reassuringly. "We're all counting on you. But know this: no matter what happens, you'll always be the best indokuro ever for me. You're not going to lose, I know it, but just in case..." His eyes swelled up with tears, but he blinked them away. His Cheesecake was going to make it.

"Hurry it up, your Tallest, I don't have all night!"

"Go feed the indokuros or something!" Red snapped at the crocodile.

"I have to go, Cheese..." Purple shared one last hug with the indokuro. "See you later." It took him a great deal of effort to let go and turn around. Cheesecake only called out to him once this time before being led away.

"Irken." That voice! Purple whipped his head around and found Sendou on the doorway leading back to the seats.

"What do you want, lizard?" Red's hissed, clenching his fists.

"May the best Indokuro win." That was all Sendou said before disappearing down the hall.

The Irken leaders made their way back to their seats in the front row. Ilk, Blue, Lena, a few Invaders, and Sakr were the only ones present, as there weren't enough seats for everyone. Instead, the others had opted to watch the fight on the TV in their homes. Red and Purple took the chairs meant for Zim and Gaz; they told the guys in the entrance that Hitorken Zim was... indisposed, but had insisted that his almighty leaders take his seating accommodations. Thankfully, he bought it.

"It's going to be okay, Uncle Pur," Ilk reassured." Right, Blue?"

The kryvtor took a while to respond. "Y-Yeah. Cheesecake might be inexperienced, but he's got movements that are un-indokuro-like."