prologue

I will love the light

for it shows me the way;

yet I will love the darkness

for it shows me the stars.

-Augustine “Og” Mandino

Darkness.

That's all there was.

It took all my willpower to not loose my consciousness.

Everyday seemed like a battle...to succumb into the inevitable void of death or to cling into life.

How many days has it been?

How did it come to this?

The only thought that kept running in my mind is...how my life had gotten to the worst. I've got a lot of time to ponder on that.

Am I a fool for hoping? Hoping that I get to free myself from this stoned prison-- hoping that there are still people out there who would free us from this restraint.

Anyone?

The people I love...are they okay? Is anyone even okay? I need to see it for myself...I need to feel again...I need...I need something to wake me up from this nightmare.

Maybe I could finally wake from this slumber to see myself watching my little sibling showing me another of his drawings...

Or the old man who took up a big role in our lives...who had saved us from the impediment that was to fall upon us.

Senku...

Sen...ku...

You must be awake, you big nerd. You have to be...who's going to save the lot of us if you aren't?

Then there it is.

A sliver of light.

The crack that resonated of freedom.

The thing that had been holding me back for how many years had crumbled into dusts and fragments of stone.

I fell into the rough surface of the ground, my lungs greedily intaking oxygen. I felt for my heart, and tears sprung into my eyes when I heard a rhythm inside my chest...and...the sound of life!

I looked up with grateful eyes to my savior, and my expression almost dropped when it wasn't the one who I was expecting to see...

"I am Tsukasa Shishio, the strongest primate and your leader. You are to serve me in exchange for the life I brought back to you."

Even if it wasn't him...I had to express my utmost gratitude to the one who had freed me, even with all the questions running rampant in my head.

"I am Y/n L/n...and I would be happy to serve you, Master Tsukasa."

(A/N: Ahh! So there goes my Dr. Stone Fanfiction! I've read the manga and have just recently started watching the anime at the same time as Mob Psycho and goDdAmn it's amazing. How they perform Science in the anime is really helpful and educational...like you can really learn A LOT from it.

The way I see it, the anime makes us reconnect to our roots--shows us how the world today is being re-made from scratch- *oof im getting way too excited abt this imma stfu*

and I can't help but be in love with Senku >< dkdkdkskdmsk he steals my uwus

Thank you for anyone who is reading this, I hope y'all will like it! ♡ )