2

If you asked my ridiculously overprotective father, they named me after the great muse Calliope in mythology. The muse of epic poetry said to turn horrid poetry into meaningful poetry just, by the sound of her beautiful voice. A Goddess in her own right.

My father's first and only attempt at poetry was forever etched into the beginning of one of the most important books of his career and personal life. Dedicated to the woman who would prove to keep him on his toes. She pushed him hard and kept him going. His own muse. The greatest love of his life.

My mother.

I'm still not sure how he pulled that off. Or even how he convinced her to stay with him. Or marry him. After 20 some years together in wedded bliss. They were still deeply, grossly, and madly in love with each other. They still went on dates, doting on each other. Constantly grossing us out with their kisses and cuddles and pet names. My parent's love was something special. Rare in this world full of divorces and cheating partners. Their love was something I yearned for in my life but knew I'd never find.

I would say to ask my mother though. She's the true genius behind my name. The genius behind it all, really. So—if you asked her, they named me after Callie Torres, the greatest orthopedic surgeon to grace the halls on Grey's Anatomy.

Just don't tell my father, I don't think he knows.

She just happened to binge-watch every episode from start to finish. While pregnant with me and my annoyingly overprotective twin brother. I swear when they took it off Netflix a few years ago, my mom almost marched to their headquarters with a lit match and lighter fluid to burn it to the ground. She swore on her life she'd make them pay and reduce them to nothing more than smoldering ashes. Good thing my father intervened and stopped her. Or she'd be rotting in prison for arson.

"Sooooooo! How has Alec been?" Jade, my perfectly upbeat co-host asked as we walked toward the radio studio on the other side of campus.

Nestled in a small building at the end of an unused walking path. Looking inconspicuous behind overgrown bushes and flowers. To the outside world, it looked like a small, enclosed pavilion hidden from the public eye. But to us, it was our little calming sanctuary. A place where we could express ourselves in the most primal fashion. It was our way to anonymously connect with the relationship and sexually confused student body. They could connect with us from behind their anonymous usernames on our message boards. Getting quick and solid advice through the airwaves.

"Meh. Alec is Alec. I haven't heard from him in a week. Still, no big O. Remind me why I go back to him?" Jade snorted in response, almost slapping her knee. Her tight spiral curls bounced as she threw her head back and her laugh echoed off the trees. Bringing joy to my heart at the sound of her boisterous laugh.

"Let's see, tall, dark, and handsome! Not to mention his huge dick." She said pointing at me with a stern look on her face. But a hint of mischief sparked in her eyes. She smirked as my face fell at her words.

"Geez, J, don't be subtle or anything!" I cackled, shoving her shoulder almost knocking her to the ground. She howled with laughter even more.

"Well, you would think with what the man is packing in his pants he'd be giving you O after O, but noooooo!" Jade sang, almost a little too loudly. The sparrows perched high in the trees knew by now how thick Alec was and how lacking in the orgasm department I was. She took a small swig from her flask and by the look on her scrunched-up face. She was packing vodka today.

I waved a hand, begging for a drink. Lord knew I needed just a little liquid courage before going on the air to talk about dirty, sinful deeds.

"Have you read any of the message boards today? Do you know what questions we are up against?" I asked hissing from the burning liquid careened down my throat, singeing my esophagus walls. Nearly choking and sputtering the pure vodka out. Of course, she knew what we were up against, she was the one who prepared these shows.