Secrets

It was 1am in Kelna. In an old warehouse the sound of static and groans of pain came from a small office type room. A man in his 40's was kneeling on the ground with his eyes wide open in pain. On his head was a helmet like device that was sending electricity through his brain. In front of him stood an 18 year old human woman.

This was Magpie.

Magpie had snow white, shoulder length hair and black makeup around her grey eyes. She wore a black leather outfit with feathery wing-like ornaments on her shoulders. Her fingernails could sprout into long razor sharp talons lined with the nerve poison curare. She was also carrying a brown satchel bag.

"That's a good boy Joe. Just a little longer." Magpie cooed and the suffering man. Soon the helmet shut off and the man slumped to the ground, unconscious, with steam coming off his body. Magpie removed the helmet and stared at it with a dreamy look.

"Shiny...shiny." She whispered before putting the helmet in the then notice a silver pen on the floor nearby. She looked at the bottom and glared at the words engraved there before putting it in her bag. Magpie quickly ran out the office and towards the nearest exit she could find. But before she could get there someone kicked her hard on the side causing her to drop her bag.

Magpie gracefully land on both her feet on top of some crates and glared at the newcomer.

"Hey! You just hit a girl." She glared at the figure. Querl Dox stepped out of the shadows. He, Kopi, Sorun and Tam had all headed out of solo patrols through the cit to cover more ground. He and the others had been tracking Magpie for a while now. They had believed that she was one of their fugitives.

"No I just hit a criminal." Querl said to her in a deadly calm manner. "You've given me and my team quite a run. 6 warehouses, stolen high tech electronics worth millions." He added.

"Really? Millions? I just liked the way they sparkled." Magpie shrugged with a grin. Her eyes then caught sight of Querl's staff, which still wasn't working.

"Nice stick, shiny...shiny. Can I pwease have it?" She asked in a baby like voice.

"Sorry, I'm using it right now, how about a shiny pair of handcuffs instead?" Querl said and pulled out some handcuffs. Magpie frowned before jumping down towards Querl in order to kick him. Querl quickly leapt out of the way and prepared for her to strike again. Magpie grinned like a madman at him and her black razor sharp nails sprouted out.

As she tried to slash him into tiny pieces with her claws Querl barely managed to dodge her attacks.

Magpie suddenly kicked Querl hard in the face. Querl fired an energy blast at her but she dodged it and it hit and scorched a nearby wall. Querl grabbed hold tightly of Magpie's left arm and got her wrist in one of the handcuffs. Magpie snarled before kicking Querl in the stomach and into a stack of crates before headed towards an open window.

On her way out she hand picked up her bag.

Seeing that Magpie was gone Querl ran back into the office to check on the man. The man was awake but his eyes were wide open and filled with confusion and fear. Querl knelt down beside the man and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Who are you?" Querl asked the man.

"I...I don't know." The man whispered in fear...

Querl yawned loudly as he exited his room. That had been a rough patrol night. He then headed to the kitchen. After they had defeated Rekin everyone agreed that it would be best if Kopi, Sorun, Tam and Abel moved into the garage since it had more than enough rooms. When Querl entered the kitchen he saw that the others were already there.