chapter three

chapter three | there must be something in the water

5
LOSERS asleep and the house silent, the sun rose slowly up into the sky as the clocks struck nine twenty in the morning. bill and stanley and eddie had been stuffed in beside eachother in winonas mothers bed, ben got the three seater in the basement, richie rather uncomfortably on his armchair too and bev and mike were on the livingroom couches. upstairs, in winona's room, she was sprawled out on her bed in comfort, snoozing in peace. richie was the first to wake up, his back bothering him, "fuck sake," he muttered to himself.

cold and sore as he lifted his glasses off his stomach, rubbing his hands on his face before placing back the thick rims, yawning. he was well aware no one would be waking up for another few hours, first offical lie in of summer, so he lifted himself up himself and looked to ben, the chances of fitting onto that couch beside him? slim to none. scratching his head, he brought his tired body up the flight of stairs, ignoring the idea of trying beside beverly, knowing fully bill would be mad at him for the rest of the week. richie dragged himself up yet another flight of stairs and slumped down the hallway making a beeline for winonas room, instantly swinging the door open, and, in complete silence, walked to her bed, pulled the sheets off winona, causing her to curl up, and crawled in beside her, squishing due to in being a single bed, "move." he grunted to her, winona stirring a bit, just stretching out again to lie her leg across richie as he attempted to fall back asleep.

"your couchs so fucking uncomfortable." he mumbled as winona yawned and buried her face in his neck, "it's not meant for sleeping on." she replied, before richie covered her mouth, "shut the fuck up," he hummed, eyes closed as he tried to get back to sleep, holding onto winona. they lay in silence as they both tried to go to bed, before richies eyes opened, looking up to the ceiling, his hand rubbing winonas back, "um... win?" he spoke up quietly, just getting a grunt in response. the boy sighed, looking to winona then back to the ceiling as he thought about how to phrase it.

richie was trying his best to explain how much he thought about winona, and how much last night meant to him and how he wished something happened. he really liked her, but it always came out as dumb jokes and teased and idiot stuff. richie sighed, kissing winonas head before closing his eyes again, "go the fuck to sleep." he just sighed, winona smiling slightly before doing just that.

6
winona eventually began to stir around twelve, to the sound of talking downstairs as she looked around, blinking and adjusting her eyes, before registering richies body wrapped around her, her legs tangled up in his as he snored, arms holding one another as they were squished together, eachothers body heat keeping eachother warm. winona yawned, shifting and rubbling her eye as she attempted to sit up, failing as richie had captured her and seemed to not want to let go, drew smiling a little before planting her hands on his and prying him off of her, earning a little groan, "what are you doing?" he almost whined, stretching his body out as his eyes stayed closed. winona sighed, "getting up, you're too fucking warm," she insisted, climbing past him on the bed and getting on her too feet, stretching herself. "it's nearly twelve, get up," she nudged him, moving to her wardrobe and lifting out a sweater, "rich?"
"what." he snapped, rolling onto his side to face the wall. "you can't just stay in bed all day." she insisted, smiling at his stretched out body. "beg to differ." he grunted, turning back around, looking up at her, "i'm sure we could find a thing or two to keep us in bed all day." he lazily smirked, eyes drooping as winona rolled her eyes and pulled a pillow out from under his head, throwing it at him, richie grunting once more, now muffled, and unbothered to move, "didn't hear a no."

the two both got up an at least half awake, winona walking into her mothers room to see the room empty. she sighed and headed downstairs, richie following, and as she had thought, the group, bar ben who was still passed out, were awake and lounging around in the livingroom. "morning, fuckheads," richie yawned, scratching the back of his head before dropping beside eddie on an armchair, and instantly starting to cuddle him, eddie whining, "get the fuck off me." he whacked richie away. beverly sat up, "so.. how'd you sleep?" she asked, looking for winona for a response to which she shrugged, "was okay until richie burst in in the middle of the night and woke me up-"
"shut the fuck up, it was nine," he shook his head, "and it's not my fault? yeah let's stick richie on the smallest fucking seat possible, that's fair. real nice, guys, thanks." he shook his head.