chapter five

chapter five | wanna make out or just keep cool

11
"NOTHING tastes better than a burger after probably killing an asshole." ben smiled, stuffing the lasts of his patty into his mouth as the eight teenagers tried to stuff themselves into a semi circle shaped booth, clearly not comfortable. bill shifted, stuck between bev and mike, grunting, "w-we all fit in this when we were y-younger." he muttered, drew raising a brow, "yeah when i wasn't apart of the gang, thanks," she shook her head, accidentally elbowing stanley before offering a mumble as an apology. richie rolling his eyes, "yeah bill, i'm sure a five foot nothing stick of a girls the problem and not the fact that everyone here has grown like a foot- well.. apart from eddie.." he shrugged, across the table eddie threw his straw at him, "shut the fuck up, asshole!"

bill shook his head, smiling before turning to winona, "w-we've g-grown a little, yeah.." he shrugged, looking at everyone, "mike you grew like a tree." richie added, "could mount you-"
"please don't," he shook his head as the gang laughed. winona leaned her arms on the table, stealing richies milkshake and letting silence fall over them once again, "so.. you guys up for coming over again tonight?" winona asked, raising a brow as the group looked at eachother. bill hesitated, looking to bev, who gave him the same look back, "uh we-we-well.. all of us?"
"well yeah sure," winona chuckled, shrugging. bill looked around again before shaking his head, "i c-can't.." he shook his head, before winona rose a brow, laughing, "what- why?-"
"yeah i can't either." shrugged ben,
"me too," beverly added with a small grin. followed by eddie nodding, "i'm busy too." he insisted, mike raising his hand, "as am i."

winona hesitated, raising a brow, "okay..." she chuckled, "so what that leaves what? me, rich and stan?" she asked, only making beverly shoot a look to stanley, who looked at her back, confused, before nodding, "yeah i guess s- shit!" bill kicked stan under the table, stanley grunting and grabbing ahold of his shin, glaring at bill, "wow suddenly somethings come up." he muttered, rolling his eyes and sitting back. richie shaking his head, "real subtle, dumbasses, thanks," he shrugged, wrapping his arm around winona, "so just me and win.."

12
"you think they were trying to get as alone on purpose?" richie turned to winona, arms behind his back as they walked on the road back to winonas house, making her smile, looking down to her feet, "maybe.." she chuckled, shrugging as she remembered who beverly was as a friend, "probably," she nodded. richie fixed his glasses and nodded, walking in silence once more.

winona fished her house key from her skirt pocket and walked up her porch, unlocking the house and allowing richie to follow her in. richie and winona were very close, clearly closer than friends at this point, but thanks to their friend group, it was very rare that the two were left alone for more than twenty minutes. it had been twenty four minutes. and offically things had gotten a bit awkward. winona walked into the kitchen, opening the fridge and lifting out a cartan of orange juice, richie grabbing two glasses from a shelf.

"you wanna watch a movie? get frisky?" richie rose a brow, grinning a little as he leaned forward against the counter top, winona rolling her eyes and looking up at him, "idiot." she poured him a glass of oj, "but i will watch a movie." she nodded, turning herself away from him and moving into her livingroom. "moms got like one hundred romantic comedy video tapes.. and like.. two horror ones.. i think?" she walked to the wooden cupboard which held her mothers collection, kneeling down and beginning to examine each tape individually, "i doubt any of these are really all that good if i'm honest.. unless you have like four glasses of wine.. like mom," she laughed, shaking her head before lifting when harry met sally, standing back up, "apparently this is pretty good." she turned around, looking up to richie, who simply wasn't listening. just staring.