Part 5

In last period Anna was silently crying. She drew a little crowd but everyone dispersed as soon as Noah gave them the back off stare. They left together and everyone started speaking. I could make out what it was about. Anna found out Noah was asking someone else to prom and her heart couldn't take it. The same way my heart couldn't take the possibility of it being me.

As they left class together we made eye contact and I could swear he mouthed the words "im sorry". My heartbeat accelerated and the pain I felt was more than I expected. Did I like Noah enough to feel heartbroken over something I wasn't sure was even going to happen. Heartbroken over the possibility that he might have liked me but now cant?

"hey Rania" Adam greeted me with a knowing smile and sat behind me. I had completely forgotten I had to avoid him and now I didn't need to. I still wasn't sure whether or not someone like Adam would actually ask me.

"can I ask you something?" Adam asked quietly in my ear. A few girls looked my way.

"sure" I said acting brave I turned around. His blue eyes were bright and his toothy smile was warm.

"Do you have a date for prom?" he asked. I didn't expect his bluntness so my mouth formed an O. I could hear gasps in class. just then the door opened and Noah and Anna entered.

Everyone's attention shifted to the happy pair so I took the time to tell Adam I don't have a date.

He just smiled and gave me a nod.

I had no idea what that meant but I was sure it did not mean he was asking me to be his date.

I tried to focus on the lecture but as usual our teachers were making difficult and I could feel Daniels eyes on me and I didn't care that he could hear everyone speaking about what Adam asked me. I had made it clear to make how simple I was. I always kept things uncomplicated I wasn't going to let him do that to me.

When I came for my supper Noah and Anna were already seated at the table eating. Anna couldn't be happier and as much as it was gutting me I didn't have it in me to be petty.

"Hi" I said to them. Anna made a point of hooking her arm into Noah and it made me smile a little. There is nothing that serves as a win more than a smile after anything crap one experiences. No matter how little.

"Here you go hunny" my dad handed me a plate and awkwardly looked at Anna and Daniel. I wasn't sure what that was about because my dad was always nice. To everyone.

"thanks, ill eat this in my room" I said.

"sure"

"Lets go" Loren looked up from her phone and placed her things in her back pack.

"Where?" I asked,

"Cafeteria" she said and grabbed my hand hurriedly.

Confused we entered the cafeteria. I could hear owl city playing through the intercom, "All about us". It was crowded, Loren ran up to Christian knocking into people on her way. I slowly made my way through to where the crowd was looking. There he was.

Daniel was standing on top of a table and Anna was standing in the centre of the cafeteria. He had a rose in his hand and I could feel my heart tearing into pieces. We briefly made eye contact but he looked away and smiled at Anna. The heart stopping smile with deep dimples.

"Anna, there is no one else I see myself going to prom with so you have to say yes" he said loudly. The crowd "Awwwd" while Anna furiously shook her head, "yes ofcours" she said and he jumped down handing her the rose then embraced her in a hug. The crowd was going wild and I felt numb.