Part 7

Anna's P.O.V

My heart was pounding and the lump in my throat was fighting its way out as my tears betrayed me.

"Look at me" he said and brushed away a lone tear on my cheek.

I opened my eyes and met his golden ones. He looked so sad. As if he could feel what I was feeling.

"What are you saying?" I asked.

"I'm saying I love you"

My heart beat accelerated and Goosebumps rose all over my body.

"I do" he said when I didn't respond.

"I love the way you are positive about everything and about the fact that you never correct anyone who calls you a scholarship kid. I love that you don't care about that, I love that you don't yell at them that you are richer than everyone at this school and I love that you are doing it because you know the kids on scholarship like that you don't treat them funny because they think you are a part of something with them" he said.

"I love the way you hold yourself together even when someone doesn't deserve your kindness and I love that you always expect the best in people when they clearly don't deserve it and I love that you are still standing here with me right now even though I don't deserve it" he said when I didn't respond.

I laughed at his seriousness. He looked so good right now that I wasn't sure if I was imagining all of this or not,

"Finally" he said with an earnest look on his face. my heart was ready to explode at the intensity of his stare.

"Finally I get to see the smile everyone else has been receiving all night; you have no idea how jealous it made me"

Then he bent down and kissed me.

Gently, in the middle of the ballroom.