18. Same thing

"How are you feeling, sweetie?", was the first thing Bernadette asked when she arrived from work and came to check on Sasha.

"Better. I woke up just now", Sasha stiffled a yawn and slowly sat up on the bed, making her back crack a little.

"I'm glad to hear that", Bernadette smiled and immediately left the room, probably to leave Sasha alone to rest.

And she didn't need to be asked twice. In spite of having spent the full day asleep, Sasha felt as if she would need to sleep for at least three days in a row to be back on her feet. It was so easy for her to fall back asleep. She didn't need to count sheep or execute any breathing routine, she simply needed to close her eyes and she was gone.

When she woke up a couple of hours later, Sasha told herself that it was the last one. She had clearly overstayed her time in Bernadette's house and would need to go back home soon before Dr Schumer declared her missing. However, Bernadette's insistence and the amazing smell of the dinner she had prepared convinced Sasha to extend her stay for a small hour. She had to admit that Bernadette was an excellent cook.

"Someone came looking for you today", Bernadette said between two spoons of soup.

"Who was it? Dr Schumer?", Sasha asked.

"Your friend Cam", Bernadette said with a questioning expression.

Sasha didn't know if she was meant to feel happy or guilty at the sound of her name. It was obviously touching and heartwarming to know that Cameron was trying to find her, but Sasha felt bad for not having reached out. Not that she could have, her phone had died and Sasha had been out of it for two days.

"Really? What did she say? Was she okay?", Sasha asked a bit worriedly.

"She looked very concerned and desperate to see you", Bernadette answered truthfully, making Sasha's chest swell.

"Did you tell her I was okay? You told her everything, right?"

"Of course not. I simply told her that you needed rest and would be back soon", Bernadette said before taking a sip of water. "She left a note though", she revealed and Sasha's head snapped to look straight at Bernadette.

"Do you have it?", she immediately asked.

"It's in my purse. Hang on a minute", Bernadette wiped her mouth and left the table slowly.

When Sasha saw the envelope with her name written on it, she didn't waste any second before ripping it open and retrieving the card. Once again, Sasha was hit by mixed feelings, her heart being divided between happiness and guilt. One thing was certain, she needed to see Cameron. The brunette's presence had been incredibly helpful and comforting for Sasha, and she had to admit that she was missing her bright green eyes and cheeky smile.

Sasha found herself eating faster than usual. She thought that since Friday nights were reserved for parties and going out, she might have a chance of meeting Cameron one way or another. The only thing she wanted was to talk to her at least. After her gruelling and trying week, Sasha felt the need to be around Cameron. However, she didn't want to be impolite or disrespectful. So she finished her dinner with Bernadette and deeply thanked her for her support and welcome, before eventually leaving the small town house.

As she walked down the street, Sasha was hit by a dilemma. One option would be to text Cameron out of nowhere and tell her everything was fine, another option would be to knock on her door and hope for the brunette to be there and not out with her friends. As a compromise, Sasha decided that she could give the second option a try and fall back on the text if Cameron happened to be absent.