p r o l o g u e

November 10 2019

Madison

"Okay, Jess. This bag, or this?" I ask Jessica, my bestfriend, holding up a brownish gold leather purse and black and silver one.

"Definitely the black one. It can go with almost anything." She says, looking for a bag too.

"True. It's also more expensive so, it's perfect but this one is pretty cute, too." I pout.

"Just buy both, then. The more the better." She says and I grin.

"This is why we're soulmates, babe." I smirk as she takes a white purse in her hand.

"Life long main bitches, honey." She winks.

"That's cute." I say, pointing to the purse she's holding.

"Right? I'm getting this one." She says.

"Just one?" I ask.

"My hands are getting tired from holding all these shopping bags." She says motioning toward the pile of bags on the cushion.

"It's not my fault you forgot to ask your boo to come join us." I roll my eyes.

"Jason is busy, okay." She rolls her eyes back at me.

"Anyways, let's pay for these. I'm exhausted and I wanna go home." I whine.

She nods.

After paying for our stuff, we decided to get some coffee.

Unfortunately, we had to see the pettiest thing ever as we made our way to Starbucks.

Josh and Jade hanging out.

Josh as in my ultimate crush since middle school and bestfriend since diapers.

Jade as in my mortal enemy who thinks she's all that and actually has a perfect life. She also happens to destroy everything good that happens to me.

I get a second chance? She steals it from me. I get a happy ending? She steals from me, too.

See, what a bitch.

I never liked her since she poured her chocolate milkshake on my nine year old Gucci shoes.

I glared at them angrily but they were too busy flirting with each other to even feel the wrath of my glare.

"Maddie, honestly, I get that he's hot and all but...he isn't worth it. He changed you but now he's leaving you for some freak." Jess says.

"It doesn't matter. He's just too blinded to see how much he loves me. He'll realise that eventually." I say, smugly despite my heart breaking in to a gazillion pieces.

Yes, that is a word in my huge dictionary of dumb hoe words.

Jess sighs next to me.

"This delusional girl." She mutters but I heard her.

"Should I confront them?" I ask.

"No-" I cut her off.

"I should right? Okay, let's go." I say, dragging my bestfriend to their direction.

"You brought this upon yourself." She mutters but I ignore the bitch.

They both stopped whatever they were doing and turned to look at me.

"Hi, Josh." I smile at him.

"Hey, Madison." He says, sounding uninterested. I brushed off the fact that he stopped calling me 'Maddie'.

"So-" I started but he cut me off.

"Madison, can you just leave us alone? I'm kinda busy here." He says. My smile falters a little bit I kept up my facade.

"Right." My voice came out strained. "Just wanted to say hi. See you later, Josh...and Jade." I say. Jade shoots me an obvious fake smile and Josh smiles tightly.

I know when I'm not wanted around. In fact, I'm too familiar with the feeling.

"Bye, Madison." Josh shooes me.

We walk away from them as my heart starts it's painful cycle again.

My heart is shattered, then it's mended back together and it's shattered, then it repeats its cycle.

"I know this isn't the time to say it but, I can't say didn't warn you." She says.

They always do. I just never listen cause I'm a petty queen in louboutin heels.

-•-