FOREWORD

CONTENT WARNING

This story depicts mental illness, particularly severe depression and anxiety, including panic attacks. With the exception of the twentieth chapter, content warnings will not appear before each part. If, at any point, anyone reading feels uncomfortable, I urge you to not continue with it. Instead, I've linked my favourite puppy video above, perhaps consider watching that to take a breather.

Several characters also hold various misconceptions around mental health throughout. Whilst this is addressed in the text itself, please use your own discretion in challenging these myths and perspectives when you see them pop up. Please note that the views of the characters do not always reflect that of the author. I do not write perfect people and this story contains flawed individuals. They make mistakes and they might cause you to be frustrated or disappointed at some points, but I do hope you give them a chance.

If you have any questions or concerns with how certain things are represented, please feel free to leave a comment or PM me. Above all, handling these topics with accuracy and respect is most important to me.

In addition, there is strong language, mature themes, bullying, mention of addiction and past trauma, as well as some teenaged drug use and partying.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

I have no idea where this story would be without the kindness of strangers on the internet. First, a huge, huge, huge thanks to Dear_Rhian for being the best accidental beta reader a girl could ask for. Also, to cringeworthypoet for saving me from my poor design skills by making a lovely cover. Finally, a million thanks to rosnatt for taking the time to help me edit, proving that not all heroes wear capes!

This is a second draft, and I am working on the third. I seriously appreciate any and all reads, votes, comments, and general support for the work. Truly, it makes my day, and a thousand times thank you. I'll shut up now, and I hope you enjoy!