Prologue

5008 A.S. (After Scorching)

Under the light of a blazing comet and three different moons, one waxing, one full, and one waning, three eggs were hatching.

The first egg, its shell a brilliant orangey-red color like fire, lay in a stone nest with two dragons watching over it, their scales a red so dark that they almost blended into the shadows. One of the parents watched with a look of cold anger, while the other had an expression of faint amusement. Neither seemed exactly happy, only...resigned.

The second egg was a dark indigo color with a rough shell. It lay in a shallow pool of water, no parents in sight. Then a navy dragon swooped over, landing in the sand next to the egg. She bent her head to inspect it, and then stood back, waiting.

The third egg radiated warmth, but its shell was a muddy brown color with glints of beige. Several scavengers surrounded it, only to be scared off by a trio of large dragons, their scales a pale beige like the moonlit sand below. 

All at once, across Pyrrhia, the three eggs began hatching. Thin cracks spread across their surfaces as the dragonets within fought to escape, and as one, all the shells shattered.

It was time for a new age.

A new group of heroes.

And a new evil.