2: Day in, day out

Sun Hee's POV

The sunlight streamed in, letting me know that it was time for another day. Like the sun, I arose. I stretched my arms out and let out a slight yawn. The house was quiet. Of  course it would be, with it being so early in the morning. Putting on a secretive smile, I slipped out of bed and gathered my sandalwood candles. They were in different shapes, as I preferred them seeing as I made them myself. Making candles are surprisingly easy and fun, and a great hobby to pass the time on a rainy day.

After gathering 5 candles, a starfish, a heart, a two-tier cake, a microphone, and a rose, I set about in gathering what I needed. After about 5 minutes of gathering, I finally stripped my clothes, feeling the cool air bite my bare pale skin. I turned to the bathtub, spinning the right silver cog for hot water. I made sure the plug was down and steady so that the water wouldn't go down the drain. Taking some lavander scented bathsalts, I dashed them into the steaming water and finally sunk myself into the mix.

"Haaahh, some peace. I guess Yoongs left early today. I hope his piece worked out. He's been working on it for quite a bit of time." I pondered for a while. "He should really get out more, geez!"

I slowly sank myself down, taking a deep breath as I did, until my whole head was underwater. There I stayed, a nice watery quiet. A momentary void just for me. Even though it was quiet, when I went underwater, I felt like I was at the beach. Submerged in the warm salty waters of the bay of New Jersey.

It may not have been the most peaceful place on earth, but it was a place for her to think. The murmur of parents with their screaming children, the din of the machinery of the boardwalk nearby, the smell of salty and unhealthy yet satisfying carnival foods. I had really truly enjoyed my time there, in America, in the beautiful gray haze of New Jersey.

After a minute, I popped my head back up, taking a huge breath to bring the hair back to my screaming lungs.

Swishing the water around a little, and finding that it was not as hot as it was before, I scrubbed my skin with the rough side of my double sided cloth, lathered my hair up with my Rose and honey shampoo, and drained the tub. After making sure the tub was drained so I wouldn't slip and fall, I quickly turned the shower on before the chills of the early morning could lace its icy fingers into me. Sighing in relief, I rinsed the soap and shampoo away, massaging my scalp and body as I did so.

Turning the shower off, and stepping out of the shower, I wrapped myself in my red towel, drying off. And rushed to my room, and quickly shoved my clothes on: a pair of ripped jeans, a white t-shirt that had a panda in it, and toe socks, adding a green beanie to my still damp hair.

"It's so cold in here. Did Yoongi turn the heaters off again? I'm going to kill him, trying to turn me into a damn human popsicle!" While muttering, I had made myself over to the kitchen, where I prepared some breakfast made up of French toast and chamomile tea. Seeing that Holly had yet to make an appearance, I assumed that Yoongi had also taken Holly. After making breakfast, I went back to my room and sat against my bed. Munching slowly on my bacon, I closed my eyes and let my mind drift, as I always did when I was alone.

Thinking about my trip to America, it was really colorful and weird there. Well, that is to be expected when visiting a foreign country, along with states or any new place you visit for the first time. I remember being lonely at first, being new and not knowing where to go when I got there. When I was studying abroad, I didn't think it would be so much different, but in a way, it felt like home, comforting almost. The bright flashing lights of company advertisements, the crowded streets, it reminded me so much of Daegu. Thinking of that, I wanted to come back home right away, but I resisted the urge to do so. What I needed was to get out, not go crawling back to what I was escaping from. And I did just that. After saving my money from odd jobs I worked, I moved out immediately and studied in America. Although mom wasn't so very happy about the decision, dad and the rest of my siblings supported me and encouraged me. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't have gained the knowledge I have now.

Now that I'm back, I feel stuck. What had I gone there for again? Why had I come back? Was I really so clingy to come back to the place that chased me out? I didn't hate Daegu, not at all. I just felt...caged. Like I didn't belong there and needed to get the hell out of there. Well, I did, but now what? What do I do now, what do I want to pursue?

I opened my eyes and took my phone from the nightstand beside my bed. Going onto Instagram, I clicked the middle to take a picture for a post.

"Having breakfast!~ Eat well everyone..."😋😌

After posting, I went to my messages only to find that my best friend had texted me

Bunny bff👯💖: Are you up?

Me: Maybe? 👀

Bunny bff👯💖: Get up! I need help!!

Me: Why? What if I don't want to, hm?

Bunny bff👯💖: NAMJOON IS COMING OVER!!!!

Me: OH- when?

Bunny bff👯💖: He'll be here in 45!

Me: Then I'll be there in half that time.

Bunny bff👯💖: THANK YOU SO MUCH, MY SAVIOR MIN SUN HEE-AH! 🙏😭

Me: Mm, sure

Putting my phone down and taking an exasperated sigh, I scarfed down my breakfast and mentally prepared myself for the moody bunny that is my best friend. Deciding to take my car, I snatched my keys off the hook on my door, slid my favorite trusty combat boots on, grabbed my sweater, and headed to my black sports car.

A/N

Hello again, Bunny here! Sorry for the long wait! I'm back with a new chapter for you!~

I've been pretty busy with Christmas and other holidays and stuffs with my fam, so I hope you can forgive me for taking so long! I tend to procrastinate on the side as well, so I have no excuses- 😅😅😅

(Also, happy birthday to me! I am now 16~ (December 10)) Edit: Hehe, I year later and I'm 17 now pfft-