4: Sunny and Bunny pt. 2

"Jeongyeon? I know you're here. I can smell something baking-" Jungkook called out.

"Y-yes! I'm here, and Sunny is here as well!" she called out frantically and panicked, cupping her hands to shout down at him. "I'll be down in 10!"

"Alright! I'm stepping out for a second to pick up some groceries for lunch! Namjoon will be down here babysitting you kids." He giggled knowingly.

Jeongyeon then turned back to me. I pulled out a set of clothes that I had earlier described to her. "Don't worry, I've got you."

"You're honestly the best friend I could ever have. What would I do without you?"

"Do you really want me to answer that?" In response, she shrugged. "I thought so."

Stripping from her strawberry covered pajamas down to her pink underwear, she neatly put the clothes on. First the t-shirt, then some ripped shorts, some pink clips to keep her wavy brown hair out of her eyes, some silver dangly earrings, yand tied the red hightop Converses on.

"I'm still wondering why you have so many kinds of clothes. You have everything and then some! Seriously, do you get overpaid or something?"

"No? I get paid very handsomely for what I do." With a smug smile, she finished tying her shoes and stood. "And no, I won't tell you what I do! You'll find out on your own, eventually. Now I gotta pop my babies out of the oven! They smell about ready and I don't want them to burn even more than they might have!" With that she dashed out of her room and slid down the rail so she wouldn't have to walk. Still a kid. Even though she's 20 now. I may be innocent, for now at least, but I was still the more mature one out of the 2 of us.

I followed after her, closing the door behind me. Opposite her, I took my time down the steps, taking care not to trip as I am clumsy. When I reached the bottom, Jeongyeon was in the kitchen, hurriedly popping the goods out of the oven. Of course, the first one I saw was her crush, her "love", Kim Namjoon, a smart and friendly giant who has the IQ of Einstein. The only one who had gripped her heart with no means of letting go. I knew him as her crush, one of Kook's most trusted friend, and the whiz kid. He's smart as a whip, albeit a little, okay, a LOT, clumsy. Pretty unexpected coming a from a 26 year old. We have meaningful talks every once in a while, although I can just barely keep up, which is understandable. But he's a kind person.

"Hey Joon! It's been a while, huh? You've been traveling a lot recently. You're almost as tall as the bonsai trees!"

"Ah, really? Will I ever stop growing? You guys would be so tiny, I'd have to carry you on my shoulders. Maybe then you can see what I see, see from my point of view and how I view things."

"Ooh, the POV of a tall person IS interesting per say, but I don't do heights." I smiled kindly, awkwardly tugging on the ends of my hair.

"That's right! I didn't even think. Sorry about that Sunny. I often speak without thinking, although most of the time it comes from my mind."

"I know, it's ok Joon, really. You work hard, so it's ok if your mind wanders from time to time."

"Thank you for being understanding. I'm always thinking no matter the situation I'm in. You know, like 3 am thoughts, except it's all the time. I don't hate it, but sometimes I wish I had a peace of mind!" He chuckled, and at that moment Jeongyeon came back in. Seeing him smile made her cover her face and back into the kitchen, trying to choke back the incoming girly squeals and squeaks of appreciation for such a heavenly gift such as his smile.

I tried to contain my laughter, to no avail. "PPFFFT- HAH!" I covered my mouth quickly, but it was too late. Namjoon had already seen her back into the kitchen.

"Hey, Jeongyeonie! Baking again?" At his queries, the girl stopped in her tracks, face stilled covered. She gave a few simple nods. "What are you baking?"

"W-well I WAS baking cupcakes, until they went to shit." Voice muffled, she once again started to back away. What she didn't expect was for Namjoon to approach her and gently take her small hands off of her face.

"Can you say that again? I couldn't here you." His deep voice rumbled, akin to a purr, as she closed her eyes. "By the way, why is your face so red? Did you eat something you wasn't suppose to again? Geez, everything isn't food, you know. Seokjin would probably know what to do, but he's across the country, studying food."

Jeongyeon squeaked out in a low and dreamy voice, ignoring what Namjoon had said about Jin, "I s-said, I was baking cupcakes, but they turned to shit!"

"That's better. Did they? The stuff you bake is always good, so I doubt that."

Her dreamy smile went to a deep frown. She suddenly grabbed his large hands and dragged him into the kitchen, pointing at the seemingly ruined cupcakes. I followed along, watching the scene because this was not the first time she freaked out because of "ruined" cupcakes. After all, her expertise in baking rivaled Jin's expertise in cooking. The cupcakes, however they smelled, weren't really burned, but definitely darker than they should have been.

"I guess this is why Jungkook wanted Namjoon to babysit us, although he's better off on his own." I quipped quickly.

"Calling us kids, when he's only 3 years older than me doesn't help the fact that he's a kid, too. A kid stuck in a grown man's body. It makes no sense! How do you even deal with that fetus, Joonie?" Jeongyeon asked, only to sharply inhale at what she had called him.

'J-joonie...' I can read her like a book. Her thoughts seemed to echo my own.

"Joonie?" Namjoon shook his head, smiling again. "Well that's new, coming from you. I kinda like how it sounds though, so I don't mind. Jungkook may be a grown man, but he is indeed still a kid on the inside. His wasn't able to fully be a kid because of you guys' financial situation, but he has that chance now, and he's growing because of it. Watching him grow makes me feel like a proud parent. I'm glad I got to see him grow up to be such a responsible and fun person."

Time and time again, I am reminded of why Jeongyeon had an attachment to the guy. He was smart, good looking, and very good with words. He can influence a lot of people, maybe become a president or a senator of some sort.

I looked at her, to only see that she had turned away and cover not her face, but her eyes. My guess was that she was just as moved as I was, if not more.

"Hey! Maybe we can fix up the cupcakes a little. We can put something in the middle, like a surprise, and put the icing on top. We can have them for dessert."

Jeongyeon froze from rubbing her eyes, then uncovered her eyes and placed it in her chin to think about his idea. "Actually, that could work. Let's do it!"

"I'll help you guys out, too. It'll be a team effort!" I clapped my hands enthusiastically. "Let's hurry before Jungkook comes back so he won't nag us for being in the kitchen."

"Psh, as if he could push ME out of the kitchen!"

"You're right. He'd either have to carry you out, or get Namjoon to seduce you."

"Huh-"