Chapter Fifteen: The Limit Does not Exist

Whelp, you guessed it lovely readers. I'm back with a new chapter. It's a shorter one than what I usually write, but I've been writing nonstop this past week, trying to keep up with all my schoolwork that I really struggled just hitting 2,000 words. 

Also, you may have noticed that I've had this pattern going for all the chapters using "and" to combine two or more words for titles. Yeah, well, I couldn't do that this week either. So that's it. The limit does not exist, only for me, it sort of does...

Okay, enough of that. I have Monday off so I'll try to update another chapter early to make up for this one. 

Thanks!

--VIVKELLER23

--------------------

Rain

She was losing her edge. After nearly two years of steering clear of any type of interaction with members of the opposite sex, Rain had finally broken her dry spell.

Teagan spent the night with her.

Hallelujah! Rain winced just thinking about how much she'd actually enjoyed being held through the night. It had been nice, feeling that hard muscle pressed against her, so strong yet so gentle. For her. She'd slept peacefully in his arms which was a miracle after what Jeffers had almost managed to do to her again.

Teagan didn't understand the full extent of Timothy's evil, but it was enough to know that with the little he had witnessed, Teagan stood on her side. He didn't blame her. He didn't pity her. He was just there. That was such a simple thing, but to her, it was everything.

That was why she was in danger of losing her cool. The little things he did that should have meant nothing weren't nothing to her.

Like the fact that after one night in her bed, Teagan Miller was enlisting himself as her own chauffeur. Despite the fact that he was a terrible driver, Teagan had never been the kind of guy to go out of his way to take anyone anywhere. Yet this was her second time riding shotgun beside him.

It was the first time she was sober enough to realize Tee Miller was a hazard to anyone on the road though.

After they'd made their little bet and settled the terms, Teagan had convinced Rain she couldn't afford another absence at school. He was right, of course, but she figured his concern had less to do with keeping a somewhat stellar attendance record and more to do with helping her cope. He could pretend to be the carefree flirt all he wanted. Rain knew what she'd seen in his green, mist colored eyes had been real concern and helpless anger.

She just didn't care for his song choices.

For the past two minutes, he'd been busy singing a choppy rendition of Katy Perry's Teenage Dream. Her ears couldn't take much more of it.

"Could you please just play the radio?" Rain begged when he began the third chorus.

He glanced at her with a faintly wounded look. "You don't like my singing, Rainy?"

She laughed. "This can't be the first time someone has complained to you," she replied with a shake of her head. His eyes were focused on the road again, not that it did much good when he had the tendency to swerve and ignore speed limits. "I've known you for all of a month, but I caught on quickly."

Teagan shrugged. "Can't recall what most people have to say about me and my singing."

"I'm not surprised. You don't like to listen to things that don't interest you," she murmured, reaching for the radio's power button to find something to stop the ringing in her ears.