Chapter 12

Hospitalization

Ed's POV

[Central, Amestris, you and Ed be 14]

And guys? Before I begin? Thank you. For the support, I mean. It's been awesome writing this book, and seeing all these amazing fangirls out there. Thanks. Enjoy reading, I thought I'd just put this little note because this book is on its way to 4,000 reads. This will be a bit shorter than usual, mainly because I've been super tired lately. Lately meaning now. Thank you.

Her pale face haunted me in a beautiful sort of way, which was funny. When something haunted you, you'd normally not want to see it anymore. But I wanted to hang onto the very image of her. I wanted it to be imprinted in the back of my mind, forever.

My flesh hand was stinging pretty bad still, as I clenched and unclenched it with a few winces thrown in there. I'd punched the wall earlier, in all my anger. Blood was shed, but I don't care. I don't care one bit, thank you very much.

How could she do something so insane? Walking up to a mass murderer like that? I wanted to scold her, yet, I wanted to kiss her at the same time. Didn't make a single difference as to what I did, anyways. Her leg was gone, no matter what.

Scar. That dirty, ratball of an Ishbalan Traitor. It was his fault it was gone. Her entire leg. Gone! It happened to me, too. Limb loss, and the trauma that followed. That made me even angrier! I don't want her to go through something like that! Ever!

I always remembered what it felt like. Waking up, with the lack of limbs on your otherwise whole body. Your own blood staining your hands. It was terrifying. Awful. It still lingers within my mind today! And to think, she's going to go through the exact same thing.

How.
Why.

How could I have let her do this, and why couldn't I stop her?! Al tells me I really should stop blaming myself, but how could I ever help something like that?! It's always my fault. Everything I do. I always end up hurting those who I love.

Al.
Mom.

And now, [y/n] could be added to the long list. How could I be so stupid?! I should've helped her. I should've visited her more. I should've given her all of my time. Each, and every single second that passes. That, really, builds up. That counts.

Just like how every,
Single,
Visit.

Every last one of them.
They count.