Chapter 13

Just a Shell of a Girl

[Central, Amestris, you and Ed are 14]

Your POV

***BEFORE I START***
You guys, I am so sorry for the wait. Some things happened that just made this book kinda hard to think about what was gonna happen next (writers block being what I am speaking of). It's still kinda hard for me, but since I've been getting all these readers, it's not like me to disappoint. Please enjoy!!!! This ones for the fangirl ladies ;) 

You wake up to a bright light, head pounding and body aching. You feel this huge pain right above your knee, but no where else. "Must be a scrape or something..." you mutter hoarsely, dismissing any other thoughts and squeezing your eyes shut. Then, your eyes fly back open. You were in a hospital, which you realized with a jump.

Why am I in the hospital?! you think, starting to panic. A thin nurse appears at your bedside, telling you gently to calm down. I don't wanna calm down! you say to yourself in vain. I'm in a hospital, for crying out loud!

"You are going to hurt your stitches," the nurse informs you emotionlessly. "Amputations don't go well with high blood pressure. Please refrain from making your blood pressure-"

"AMPUTATIONS?!" you scream, heart racing in fear. The nurse sighs impatiently: you went against what she just barely said. But who gave a crap, when you suddenly peiced it all together? Your stinging knee, the numbness, the strange feeling.... the pain as your brain tried to send out signals to a leg that was no longer there.

"Ma'am, we will have to press a sedative into your skin if you do not hush," she says tightly, clenching her teeth. You don't care. All you did really, was beg for someone to save you. Low and behold! The door swings open, and there he is.

Edward Elric.

"Can I visit?" he asks, quirking his eyebrows in a way only the Edward who tries to cheer people up does. You want to laugh, and cry at the same time. After an hours worth of argument from the nurse and Ed, Ed won, and she nurse left you alone at last.

"Hey..." his voice was suddenly soft, lacking the humor it always held traces of.
"...." your voice got caught in your throat. You were just a shell of the girl you used to be, after all. What were you supposed to say? "I'm sorry," was all you came up with.

"I'm the sorry one," Ed consoles you, brushing your [h/c] hair with gentle metal fingers. "Is there anything I can do for you?"

You close your eyes. You suddenly felt the strong desire for rest. "You can help with rehabilitation," you slur without thinking. Then, you drift off to an uneasy sleep.

UGH ITS SHORT BUT ITS SOMETHING OKAY. I HAVE SOME AMAZING IDEAS FOR THE NEXT CHAPPIES SO STAY TUNED MARSHIES! UNTIL THE NEXT TIME MY LOVELY PONY HEADS!