Chapter 21- Invitations

‘Thank you for an awesome time. I am so  glad I finally  got to beat  those chumps. My roommate and I always lose.’, Vance said and we both chuckled.  

Vance just took me home after the game, right now he parked his  car close to the garage.

‘Chumps? Are you that competitive?’,  I asked. ‘Oh I am, and I’m so glad I  taught  you how to properly grip the bowling ball.  You said you always go bowling  with your friends, how  many times did  you lose?’, he asked and I chuckled.  ‘I don’t want to talk about it.’, and we  both  chuckled. ‘Anyway, I really had fun.’, I  said. ‘Of course, you needed this, and I needed a  win.’, he  said and I rolled  my eyes. ‘You got it, though I’m really surprised  you got it  especially with your teammate being terrible  at bowling.’ ‘It’s a good  thing I managed  to help you with  that, and  you’re fun to be  around.’, he said and I perked up. ‘Really,  you  think so?’, I asked. ‘Yeah, what, don’t  your friends think so?’ ‘I’m not sure if they say so, but  I always  turn down events, I don’t go clubbing and when  I do, I leave earlier. I’m bad at a lot of games, including  bowling…’ ‘But you came through  today and  dude, there  are many ways  people have fun you know that  right?’  ‘Kinda.’ ‘What do  you do for fun?’, he asked.

It looked like he was really interested.

‘Well, I read novels, work on research  assignments, sometimes I go to the pool for a swim, or ride an ATV…’ ‘Ok,  so your fun  is different, don’t you go paintballing or something?’,  he asked curiously. ‘I do with my friends, but I’m terrible at that too.’,  I said and he chuckled.  ‘Ok, I get  it, but I totally get  why you think you’re not  fun to be around sometimes, you  prefer to be  by yourself and when you do wanna hang  out with people, you  want to be in  a quiet place. That’s  you, you don’t have to change it,  and you certainly  don’t  have to start  watching baseball because  you’re  dating a baseball player. However, you can try  getting  out of your comfort zone more, and I  wish we could  hang out more.’, he said and I chuckled.  

I mean I did  have fun  with  him and I’d want to do it again, but right now the Gala Dinner had  my attention.  

‘Vance, believe  me, I’d want to hang out  more, but right now I need  to help  my friends with  the Gala Dinner. I  mean technically, this was  my project…’ ‘I get  it Brandon,  but if ever you need a break…’, he said and pulled out his hand.   I quickly realised he  wanted my phone so  I took it out. He  did what  he did and gave it back  to me. ‘Don’t be afraid to give me a  call.’, he smiled at me.  

I looked at  my  phone and noticed he  entered his  phone numbers.  

‘I will.’, I smiled  back at him. ‘Let me go home,  at least I brought  home before the sun sets.’, he said and we both chuckled.  ‘Thank you.’, I said and he winked. ‘No prob.’, he  said. I then got out of  the car and he drove off.  

I  got in the mansion and noticed Amanda on her laptop in the living room. Maybe I should quickly head upstairs before I get  bombarded  with questions.  

‘Brandon.’, Amanda said as  she looked up  surprised.  Dammit! ‘Hey Amanda.’, I  said  with a fake grin. ‘Where have you  been? We were looking  for you at  the Vedician.’, she said. I quickly went  to the kitchen to get some water.   ‘Um… I went  out…’,  I said and took out a  bottle. ‘You went out? With who? Blake was  worried about you.’,  and I  sighed. ‘Look, I’m fine,  I’ll tell him that,  where is he anyway?’ ‘In his room and  you didn’t answer me.’, she said.  

Should I tell her  I went bowling  with Vance? I feel like she’d jump at the wrong conclusion.

‘Brandon…’  ‘I went bowling  with   asked  confused. ‘The pool  boy I met at that  venue when I  went to go book it with dad.’, I said and  her eyes widened.  ‘You  mean the very same guy your dad  caught you staring at? Brandon, why?! You’re...’ ‘Before  you  jump to any conclusion, he wanted  me  to go bowling  with him because he saw  me outside in my feelings.’ ‘In your feelings?  What could  possibly make you sad?!’ ‘Blake and Brenda.’, I said and she was surprised.  ‘They have something  in common and  they  couldn’t shut up about it, it made  me feel like I wasn’t Blake’s type.’, I said  with a sad  tone. ‘Ok, if you  think Blake and Brenda are going  to…’ ‘Trust me, I know they’re not, Brenda’s madly  in love with  Xavier, but  I’m not so sure about Blake.’, I said.