Chapter 4

Mal's POV

I was walking down the streets of the isle. The guards had arrived and being out in the open like this would surely get me caught. I walked up to a shop where a guard was very close.

"Hey, how much for this?" I asked the shopkeeper holding up an old piece of jewelry. Everyone in the marketplace was staring at the scene going down.

He leaned closer to me. "Kid, what are you doing? You're going to get caught." He whispered. I didn't know they actually cared. Hm.

"What about this?" I held up another piece of jewelry, ignoring his question.

He looked at me confused, but he shrugged it off. "Well, it's more than you can pay for." I nodded and quickly stole some other things off the table for Jafar.

"Ok, well, see ya." I kicked the leg of the table he was using to sell his objects and all of the items fell on the ground. I laughed as he scattered to pick up all the fallen things.

I could feel the guard's eyes staring at me. I continued to walk down the streets and the guard followed me. He caught up to me.

"Hey. How old are you?" He asked, trying to stop me, but I kept moving.

"Who wants to know?" I replied with a question. I didn't want to make it as though I want to be captured or anything. That might make it a little suspicious.

"You're coming with me." He grabbed my arm and my first instinct was to punch him with my free hand and run.

Behind me I heard him call for back up.

That is not going to be good. That means my plan is working.

I kept running until I got to Dragon Hall. It was out in the open. Perfect. And, to make it even better, that's where the guards usually hang out. They started to a year ago since there isn't any kids to use the school anyways.

In Auradon at the time:

"Um, King Adam." Lumiere said entering Adam's study. He looked up at him.

"Yes?" He asked his assistant.

"We've been informed that there is a child on the isle."

Adam looked at Lumeire in surprise. "Impossible. I took all the children off 15 years ago."

Lumeire scratched his neck. "Well, it seems, sir that you missed one, maybe more, but we haven't spotted anymore."

Adam started to sweat a bit. How could he have missed a child? "How old and who's their parent?"

"It seems like she is around a teenager. Maybe 16. And she hasn't said anything. She has been captured though. What should we do with her?"

Adam thought about it. It would only be right to bring her here, to Auradon. She must've lived a horrible life on the isle. Surrounded by villains.

"Bring her here when the guards come back." Adam commanded. Lumiere nodded and left. He called his children to his study to talk about the matter.

"What do you think he wants?" Evie asked nervously. They had just done something considered 'bad' in Auradon.

"I hope this isn't about what we did. I mean, I didn't know the lady was royal and didn't address her with the right title."

"Neither did I."

They both entered their father's study on edge. They hated to get in trouble, they would get the worst kind of punishment, disappointment.

"Hello Ben, Evie." Adam said nodding to both his children.

"Hey dad." They said simultaneously.

"I have something to discuss with you two. You guys can take a seat." Adam pointed to the two chairs in front of his desk and they sat down.

"What did we do?" Evie asked ashamed.

"What? You guys didn't do anything. I just wanted to talk to you about something... important."

"What is it?" Ben asked intrigued. It sounded interesting and interesting never happens in Auradon. Pretty boring if you asked him.

"Well, it seems as if there is a teenager on the isle of the lost."

Evie and Ben's mouths fell to the ground.

"Wait wait. Like, one of our friends?" Ben asked to clear things up.

"No, it seems as if she's been there since birth. She looks as if she is 15, 16, around your age."

"Who's her parents?" Evie questioned her father.

"Well, we don't know. She won't give us everything. Pretty stubborn sounding if you'd ask me. The guards are bringing her over when they are done with checking up on the isle."

If it were possible, Ben and Evie's mouths dropped farther onto the floor.

"What? You're bringing her here? What if she's dangerous? She's been living on the island of trash for her whole life! Filled with villains nonetheless!" Evie exclaimed.

"Well, it's a shock, but I think it's a good idea. She hasn't done anything, just like you. She's just a different age. She deserves a chance." Ben argued. Adam nodded, agreeing with his son's claim.

"Alright, but if something bad happens don't come crying back to me!" Evie pouted and Ben and Adam laughed. Evie joined in on the laughter.

"Did you get a name?" Ben questioned.

"Well I actually didn't ask that question, but I'm guessing they didn't get a name out of her." Adam guessed.

"When is she coming?" Evie wondered.

"She is supposed to be coming in 3 days. I also wanted you two to make sure she feels welcomed since she looks around you guy's age."

"We will do our best." Ben assured and Evie nodded.

"You are dismissed."

Ben and Evie got up from their seats and walked out together. Once out of the room the both let out a sigh of relief.

"I'm glad he didn't find out about the you know what." Evie said. Ben agreed and they walked out of the castle to meet up with their friends. They all were having a movie night.