Chapter 9

Mal's POV

I was in my dorm room. I have no roommate, so it's suppose to be the time I have all by myself. That's what I though.

Someone was knocking on my door. I groaned and got up to answer. What do you know it's that Hook child.

"Hey Mal." He said sweetly. Ew.

"What do you want?" I asked, annoyed already just by his presence.

"Oh. I was wondering if you'd like to go on a date or something."

I started to burst out laughing. He was just standing their awkwardly.

"Me. Date you? Me date! Ha!" And I slammed the door right in his face and continued to laugh.

Like what my mother always says

Love is weak. And ridiculous.

And, yes, I hate my mother, but everyone's right about something at some point in their life. And that's something my mother's right about. And about evil being so much better than good.

Ok, so I'm sitting on my bed sketching out a new plan to steal the wand, right? Well, I hear another knock on my door and it hasn't even been 30 minutes yet!

I groaned even louder as I rolled off my bed. I reluctantly walked over to the door and answered it. It's that other kid from today standing at my door this time. I wonder who's coming next.

"Hey Mal." He greeted. I rolled my eyes.

"What do you want?" I repeated from what I had said not too long ago. Still in the same tone if you were wondering.

"I know Harry came by earlier, right?"

"Yeah, so?" I didn't not see where exactly he was going with this.

"So do you want to go out with me? I mean, I'm not Prince Charming, but I'm totally better than my brother."

"Wait, you're brother?" I questioned.

"Yeah. Harry is my brother. I'm the son of Aladdin and Jasmine." I sat there clueless still. "My name is Aziz."

"Ohh. That's your name. Well, thanks for asking. I'll get back to you... never! Have a terrible day."

I gave him a forced smile and slammed the door in his ugly face. What is with these people? Do they all want to get in my pants?

Thank god no one else came or I would have... let's not go there actually. I am sitting in my remedial goodness class once again. Still see no need for this class.

I was sitting there not paying any attention when someone entered the room. I didn't know who it was, but it looked like a guard.

"Fairy Godmother, we have secured the wand for usage at the coronation." The man informed. Fairy Godmother smiled gratefully.

"Thank you." He bowed and left.

In my head there were a million wheels turning. Coronation, wand. I need to learn more.

"Hey FG." I said getting her attention.

"Hm?" She asked me.

"Well, I was wondering, do I get to go to the coronation?"

She smiled brightly at me. "Oh of course dear. The whole school is invited." She answered.

"Yeah, so I'm just wondering... I've never seen the wand before up in person and I was wondering if I could stand in the front to get a good visual."

"Oh, I'm sorry you can't. Only the Prince's folks, girlfriend, and I can be up there. There's always the balcony, though." She apologized. My wheels in my head started to turn once again and create a plane.

"Oh that's ok. Just asking. Thank you." She nodded and continued with the lesson I wasn't even paying attention to.

Later that day I bumped into Ben. The perfect opportunity to see if I could get him to fall for me.

"Ben, hey. How are you?" I wanted to start with some small talk, not to try to make it obvious.

"Oh, I'm good. How about you?"

"Good." I responded. Should I just go in for it? Maybe I should, not now though.

"So I heard about the coronation." He nodded.

"Yeah. A little overwhelming, but it's also very exciting." I shook my head up and down to make it seem as if I thought it was interesting.

"Yea, but you'll do great." I encouraged him.

"Thanks Mal."

"So I also heard about needing a date to go to the coronation."

"Yea?" He answered, but was very confused.

"So I was wondering... you want to go with me?"

"I-I" and then he took off running. My first attempt on trying to get someone to fall for me failed. This is why mother always said love was ridiculous. I see now. I guess I'll just have to try a different way. The magic way.

So I walked to my dorm room to fetch my spell book and headed toward the kitchen. I flipped my pages through my spell book and found a useful page.

"Love spell cookie. Perfect."

I put all the ingredients into the bowl until I got to one I couldn't do.

"A tear of sadness? What? I don't cry so how the hell am I supposed to get this!" I complained to myself. I groaned and thought about how to get a tear of sadness.

I heard someone open the door to the kitchen and I quickly placed a towel over my spell book.

"Oh, Mal. Hey whatcha making?" Evie asked as she skipped over to me. I put on a fake smile.

"Oh, you know. The usual. Cookies."

"Oh!" She clapped with joy. "I love cookies! But wait, where's the chips at?"

"Chips? You mean french fries?" I questioned her confusingly.

"No silly! Chocolate chips!"

"And what are those?"

She went over it the fridge and pulled out a bag of weird brown small things. Kind of looked like poop to be honest.

"See!" She opened the bag and popped some into her mouth. "They're delicious! Didn't your mom, like, make cookies whenever you were upset or anything?" I confusingly looked at her.

"Um... not exactly."

"Oh..." she looked sadden. My gears were going again.

"Yeah... I didn't have a mother like that. If I was ever upset she wouldn't try to make me feel better, more like try to make me feel worse."

"Wow, that's so terrible." A few tears slipped from Evie's eyes and I quickly took one and flicked it into my bowl of ingredients. She looked confusingly at me.

"Well, you best be going! I'm no fun and you probably love having fun!" I pushed her out fo the kitchen and locked the door just in case.

"Now, to put these into the oven and give them to Ben tomorrow." I said to myself and went over to the cabinets to get a cookie sheet.