eight

The big day arrived soon within the palm of Bomin's hand.

"My baby looks so handsome."

Bomin's mother said with excitement as she laughed softly as they both hugged. Bomin smiled back warmly as he was fixing his black suit. His mother adjusted his faintly-designed flower necktie as it was the highlight of his outfit for tonight. It was a special gift from Mina as it was a gift to symbolize their alliance to ruin the wedding.

"Did Mina get you the tie?"

"Yes, she seemed excited to attend the art show."

He made sure the execution of their plan went down perfectly but also tried to manage to not embarrass his name due to this event. The crowds of elite and rich people were busying the hotel staff in order to make sure all the food and wine were served delightfully. Hyunsuk was busily working as a waiter to hold all the empty glasses within the gallery. He would often glimpse at the beautiful, intricate artworks that decorated the plain walls to help amplify the importance of each piece.

"Wow...already trying to look nice for him?"

Hanbin joked at Mina as he walked past Mina's room, which was completely open since she was also getting ready to leave her room. The tone seemed almost surreal to be a compliment as she expected. She turned towards the younger to stop him, as she asked with all seriousness, "Do you think this screams: I hate this event?"

Hanbin stood by the doorway as he was fixing his own dark gray suit as he scanned at her outfit quickly. He smiled softly at her comment soon after, before replying back with a less sarcastic tone, "I think you just look fancy for an event. Nothing more and nothing less."

Mina was wearing a bright neon pink suit, with a lacy-see through black blouse underneath. One could see the outline of her black bra but it was not revealing as the blouse does give some coverage. Hanbin had his thumbs up before leaving the room, as she grunted to herself of trying to make herself more rebellious. But she's sure that her father would try to make her change into an actual dress, which is the reaction that she was expecting.

Her long black hair was curled, and she made sure that her makeup included a dark eyeshadow and a bold pink lip color. Grabbing her black purse, she walked out of her room in hopes that it would be the opposing reaction that she was expecting.

She heard a familiar whistle which she turned around to see her twin brother approaching her. Jaemin was wearing a black suit and a matching black button up underneath. His brown hair styled back as he was fixing his sleeves when he walked up to his sister. He laughed and whistled as he shouted, "Damnnn.."

"Not appropriate for a very fancy art gallery?"

"Is that the theme that we're expecting?"

"Most likely."

"Though I want to admit my sister looks great today, I say it's a mission accomplish."

They both end up laughing which was something that was an old feeling that they both missed. Jaemin had his hand out to help his sister walk down the stairs as she was also wearing black pumps. "Mom."

Daehwi walked towards his mother, who was in shock of seeing the bright outfit that Mina was wearing. Jeonghan, who was distracted on his phone, looked up to see everyone staring at their younger sister. Their father widened his eyes as he adjusted his glasses to make sure he wasn't going blind. Mina flipped her hair back gently as she smiled brightly, "I'm ready."

Jeonghan laughed to himself as he didn't know how to react as Hanbin clapped his hands gently to applaud her outfit. Daehwi and his mother stared quietly as they weren't sure on how to compliment such a "loud" outfit. The step-mother was wearing a maroon colored dress which hugged her hips, and the color matched their father's tie. Immediately, her father angrily commented, "Go change into the brown dress that we prepared for you."

Mina shrugged her shoulders as she linked her arm with Jaemin's as she shook her head with a teasing manner. "Bomin seemed to not mind what I wear. So why would I care? Are we going in Hanbin oppa's car?"

Her father clutched onto the back of his neck as he knew he couldn't defeat his own daughter whenever she rebelled against him. Jeonghan watched his siblings all get together as Hanbin directed the twins out of the living room and towards the garage. Daehwi sneered at their exit as he complained through the silence, "Mother, are you sure you can get this completed? Look at her."

His mother shook his head and bit her lip angrily as she wanted to be the center of attention with her dress and body. But always, she knew that Mina would try to defeat her at all costs. She clutched onto her clutch tightly before dragging Daehwi as her expression did not change as she needed a good impression on her husband.

They all drove down towards the hotel room where dozens of the paparazzi were taking all the photos inside the lobby and up into the gallery. Mina made sure to make her presence known as everyone stared in awe at her eye-catching outfit. Though they failed to make her change into a calm outfit, the family was well-impressed with all the attention she was deserving. Bomin was waiting in front of the gallery as he was bowing to each of his guests as they entered.

His eyes locked with Mina as she arrived towards the latter, and he immediately bowed in respect for Mina's family. Of course, Mina's step-mother proclaimed dramatically, "Oh, you look so handsome today Bomin-ah!"

"Thank you. Madame and the Chairman also look very dazzling as well."

Daehwi snickered under his breathe at the reaction as Hanbin and Jeonghan made their way inside already without much introduction. Jaemin followed pursuit as the Chairman shook his head at the lack of respect they were presenting towards the host. Mina stood close next to Bomin as they both smiled at each other which drew a lot of attention from the photographers as there were rumors spreading already about their potential engagement and marriage.

As they all made their way inside, Mina was exploring the artworks as if it was just another gallery that she usually attended in Milan. However, there was someone that caught her eye and she knew it was the perfect time to execute the masterplan that she has been scheming for a while. Jaemin stood close by her as he walked towards her and also looked over at Hyunsuk as Mina was continuously staring at him, "Do you know who he is?"

"Some part-timer that brought bad luck into my life."

Wandering away from her twin brother, she walked elegantly through the crowd as the violin playing in the background helped dramatize her steps. Bomin looked over from the side as they made eye contact, holding his wine glass as a cheer for their alliance. Mina grabbed a glass nearby and held it up as well before turning her attention away and towards Hyunsuk. Hyunsuk was too busy collecting half-empty glasses that were thrown onto an empty table nearby.

Mina walked closer to him as she sipped her white wine, waiting for the right time as Hyunsuk turned around too quickly and bumped into her as the whole tray fell onto Mina and her expensive pink outfit. The atmosphere got way too cold within a second as all the attention was on Mina and Hyunsuk, who quickly dropped the tray in shock as Mina was all prepared for the skit she prepared.