forty-one

"What do you mean..she's sleeping upstairs right now?" 

Hanbin widened his eyes as Jaemin hushed him from speaking further. The two managed to drag Daehwi into Jaemin's room where Daehwi wouldn't escape and tattle on his sister. Hanbin sighed to himself with worry as Daehwi protested angrily, "Why are you locking me up right now?!" 

"Shut up." 

Jaemin replied back as he glared at the youngest as Daehwi had no choice but to sit on the bed as the two brother blocked the door. Turning around to face his attention back at Hanbin, Jaemin crossed his arms as he then spoke up again, "Should we alert the police for abuse?" 

"For right now, it would be hard since Bomin and Mina were alone...and Mina would hate that, wouldn't she?" 

The two nodded quietly before there was a knock on the door which Daehwi stood up to protest, "I'm being locked in here! Help!" 

Jaemin rushed over to cover the youngest's mouth with his hand as Hanbin carefully opened the door to find Mina standing at the door. He opened it widely so that she could enter as Daehwi whined against Jaemin's hand as he still refused to let go. Hanbin closed the door right after as he worriedly asked, "How's the bruise?" 

"Bearable...luckily, it just look like I bumped into something." 

"I'm going to kill that motherfucker!" 

"Jaemin, I told you...right now, I can't do anything since he's trying to frame me for things and kick me out." 

"Then what should we do? How are we to handle this situation? Does that Hyunsuk guy know too?" 

Mina froze soon after as she heard Hyunsuk's name as Hanbin blurted it out without thinking as Jaemin sighed to himself as he knew that his twin would definitely think about the other. Daehwi was weirdly quiet so Jaemin decided to remove his hand as the youngest just crossed his arms and pouted to himself.

"That's why I need your help... Jeonghan oppa is already thinking of ways to betray me and help Bomin...he already managed to get a head start." 

"Wait...what?" 

"You three are the only hope to helping me...and you get to help save our inheritance as Bomin is doing all he can to take all the money away...not just my part." 

Daehwi shot up with his eyes widening, "Oh no. That son of a bitch is not touching my money!" 

"Will you ever just shut up?!" Jaemin angrily shouted back as Daehwi protested in response as Jaemin then managed to cover the youngest's mouth again with his hand as Daehwi flapped his arms around. Hanbin just ignored the two as he seemed to calculate the best situation as Mina continued to tell him the plans and things that Bomin has done to take control. 

"Hyunsuk is there alone, right? With all that evidence...he still is looking for more?" 

"Yes...and I don't think we have enough time. He's going to eventually get caught by Bomin." 

There was another knock on the door as Mina jumped on her feet as she was afraid of who it will be. She rushed to Jaemin's closet as Hanbin cleared his throat to speak up, "Yes?" 

"It's me....your mother. Open the door..hurry." 

Mina watched from the closet as Hanbin hesitated to open the door before he decided to do it, as Daehwi used all his might to push Jaemin off of him as he rushed to his mother. His mother looked around quickly before making Daehwi sit back down on the bed again as she cleared her throat to whisper, "Come out right now Mina." 

Mina knew that the mother was well aware of her situation as she opened the closet to walk out before fixing her hair. Hanbin and Jaemin watched with a nervous feeling as Daehwi was trying to get his mother's attention. But she spoke up, "I didn't mean to eavesdrop. But I will help you." 

"Why? For the money?" 

"That....and Bomin came the other day with a huge proposal that your father is thinking of accepting." 

"What do you mean....?" 

"He's convincing your father to send you away to Canada for building a new hotel and building for our company. But the price is big, and he is asking your father for a huge sum of money. I am thinking that he's planning to take all the money out of your father so that he could manage to divorce you and barely leave us with a couple thousand since it's estimated to cost millions....your father is thinking of investing small money at a time and I don't think he knows the intention....but now it all makes sense."

"Why do you want to help me?" 

"Because...our differences is very prevalent. But I love your father dearly. And your father is definitely not going to be well when he finds out the truth behind your husband's tactics. He will get a heart attack from the shock." 

"Why, because you're afraid you won't get your part of the inheritance?" 

Mina challenged her step-mother as she took a step closer to her as Hanbin warned her gently, "Mina..watch your words." 

"I know we aren't in good relationship...but, let's think of this as a way for our relationship to get better. Especially when you know that our family is going to be in shackles if they find out." 

They all stood in silence as Daehwi's mother had the peace truce laid out towards her. Mina took a few. moments of silence before taking a deep breathe, "Alright...I do believe that father will get a shock if he finds out..I will be very ashamed to even look at him in the eye. Then, we have to figure out a way to get Bomin's files faster than Bomin since I believe that he is one step closer to catching...him." 

"As for your lover..I will be sure to say good things when your father finds out the end of things. I have no intention of keeping a secretive man who is trying to demolish this family." 

Daehwi's mother assured as everyone just watched in shock as the three quietly watched them speak with one another. Even Daehwi didn't know how to respond as his mother has never really been this serious with her. 

Mina nodded quietly as she then drew out the plan that she has been thinking about, "This can never leak to Jeonghan...he is trying to think of ways to help my husband. And as for you..." 

She pointed her finger at Daehwi and Jaemin before smiling with an unknown smile as the two got an uneasy feeling as she then turned to Hanbin as she added, "They're going on vacation..isn't that exciting?"