Y

I FEEL UNJUSTLY WRONGED WHEN I KNOW I AM NOT SUPPOSED TO. But then again, there are a million other things I know I'm not supposed to have done like falling in love with someone way out of my league, who made it a point to deceive me and does not have an inkling of feelings for me.

It's not everyday one gets to make a sugar deal with the older son of a rich chief, then also harbour feelings for the younger. The whole situation is the definition of risky and this is why I am exactly the greatest idiot in the world for doing so.

After kissing me and touching me and making my heart flutter, Eric showed his true character by not making any attempts to try to see or meet me even up till now; three weeks after. Actually if I am being honest, he failed to text me for a week when he knew I had already gotten a new phone. (We bought it together by the way).

In my anger, I destroyed my old SIM card and bought a new SIM which equates a new number he cannot reach me on even if he wanted to. It was best for me not to hope too much that way.

What however is troubling is the fact that I keep getting money deposited in my bank account as if I were keeping to my side of the bargain. Now, there is a total of seven million Naira untouched in my savings and I am not sure what to do anymore; especially since my stomach churns easily whenever the thought of spending from such money I did not work for settles in my head.

I would explain the situation of things to the older Onikosi who actually signed the contract with me, but the number he left on the document for some reason does not exist anymore and since my former phone has kicked the bucket along with the SIM card, there is no way he can text or call me.

Then again, maybe it is for the best as communicating with the first Onikosi would mean my information is also available to his brother which is not something I should want, right? He hurt me and I should keep my pride, right?

At the moment, I can scream to the world how much I hate Eric for abandoning me like I was nothing to him. But I know I'd be lying to myself and you'd know too because why else am I in a hurry to his father's house even though I am certain he has not made a single move to try to contact me?

I think I must have gone crazy. As it is, there is a possibility that I somehow drank or ate a food that has made me forget all that I know as there is no other reasonable explanation for the amnesia I am exhibiting characteristics of. Of the three rules every sugar-baby knew—1) Be prepared, 2) no surprises and 3) definitely no feelings—I have succeeded in breaking them all for one man.

No matter how hard I tried, with Eric I was never prepared enough. Surprises had proven to be his middle name in all capital letters. And worst of all, I had caught stupid unrequited feelings for him. I don't think my life could get any worse.

I hate him, yet I miss him.

Even though it's been weeks, my heart still palpitates whenever I think of that kiss, my body still shivers uncontrollably with tingles all over my spine when I am reminded of his hands trailing down my skin, my inner core still heats up when I remember the feel of his lips on my body and I crave him like a drug. Despite having a taste of him only once, maybe, just maybe...I'm addicted.

"Good afternoon madam." Sarah, the housekeeper opens the door with a smile on her face. I kind of want to wipe it off with a sound slap. Why is she smiling when I am in misery? I have been betrayed and maybe used as well, yet the people around me are nothing but happy. Even Dessy now has a new man she won't stop gushing about.

My irritation rises even further inside of me when I think of the fact that Eric must also be happy without me. I can imagine him doling out his charming smiles to any woman that bats her lashes at him and maybe taking her to a hotel like he did me and then making love to her. Soon enough I feel like I am choking on my own anger. I can't suppress it and it grows even more, filling my chest with a heavy feeling. When it settles in my throat, I wheeze in pain.