Hi, I'm Luke

We were driving just out of the center of New York, the busy streets left behind us and the peaceful forest starting to surround us. The radio was playing softly while he sang along to it, I just admired him. I listened to his voice fill the car, unable to suppress the smile that formed on my face. The corners of his lips moved up slightly before he looked at me, his eyes filled with happiness and love. He removed his hand from the gearshift and placed it on my thigh, a grin on his face when he looked infront of him again and I couldn't take my eyes off him. He squeezed my leg softly before his lips parted slightly.

"I'm so in love with you Alice." He mumbled and it only made my smile grow.

"I love you too Luke, so much." I softly replied, I reached over to place a soft kiss on his cheek while making sure I wouldn't interrupt his driving before I looked ahead of me again, the sides of the road had a small layer of snow covering it but the road was still clear. They were expecting more snow over the night and I was looking forward to waking up at the house by the lake with everything being covered in snow. I looked forward to laying so close to him during the night to stay warm and watch the snow fall with a cup of coffee in my hands. I looked forward to all these little moments we would have together at the lake house.

The house where we fell in love with each other and where he proposed to me just months ago. I looked down at the ring around my finger, the small diamond reflecting the light of the headlights of the car that passed.

"What are you thinking about?" Luke asked me as he let go of my leg to turn down the radio, so he could really hear every word I had to say. He always gave me his full attention, no matter what he was doing. Instead of placing his hand back on my thigh, he searched for my hand and I quickly took his hand in mine, intertwining our fingers. I looked down at his hand surrounding mine before looking at him.

"That I am truly the luckiest girl on the planet with you by my side." I said with a smile and he let out a soft chuckle, his body vibrating lightly and when the chuckle died out, his face got covered in a smile. He looked at me shortly with his piercing blue eyes before looking back at the road infront of us. When the next song started playing, our faces got covered with the biggest grins and I reached for the radio with my free hand and turned the sound up. We started shouting the lyrics of the Blink-182 song at the top of our lungs, combined with laughs and smiles to make the silent street so much louder.

When the song was over, I turned the sound down again and looked at him with a grin. "Do you still remember the first time we heard this song? We were so young and naive back then." He asked and I nodded while I let out a laugh, I still remembered every second of that day. I remember every day since the moment we met, I remember how I fell in love with him more every day.

"Alice, Liam, we have to leave now or we are going to be late!" Our mom screamed through the house from downstairs. I looked in the mirror, adjusting my dress for the 100th time but still not satisfied with the reflection that I got. Something was missing and I couldn't tell what.

"I'm coming!" Liam screamed back, his voice changing halfway which made me let out the softest chuckle. Thank you, puberty.

"Just a few more minutes." I yelled through the house, I could hear my own voice echoing through the empty room filled with boxes. Having moved in 3 weeks ago, not a thing in my room was unpacked yet.

She said we had to see it as a fresh start, a chance to make new friends and go to a better school but I wanted to leave the city again. I wanted to go back to the small town, the streets I knew out of my head, the friends I loved and the school I didn't hate. A part of me was still hoping we could go back home.