5 words

"I love you too Alice" he mumbled softly. I looked out of the window again just shortly, watching all the cars that passed us. We were on the highway and not the only ones that had the idea to get away for the weekend. It was busy but soon we would be surrounded by nothing but trees and snow again.

The lake house is our safe place, where we go when he needs a break from the the constant pressure of social media, where we go when we need a break from the loud and busy streets and where we go when we just want to be alone. It's our safe space where phones are left by the door with our shoes and jackets. Where nobody is allowed to interrupt our alone time. When we are there, it's just him and I.

I looked down at my hand and smiled at the ring around my finger before looking at him, "It still feels so surreal." I admitted, "It's been 5 months and every time I look down at it, my heart still skips a beat and I get that same kind of adrenaline rush whenever I remember."

"I'm just waiting until I get to call you my wife, add that second ring around your finger and start our future together, just you and I."

"And some kids one day, don't forget them." I said with a soft grin and the car filled with his laughter making my smile grow. I watched the way his dimples showed so clearly while he laughed, the soft wrinkels beside his eyes and the big smile that appeared when his laughter stopped. "Just 10 more months until I get to call you my husband, forever and a day."

"Forever and a day." He repeated while his smile never left his face. I admired him with a soft smile on my face while he focused on the road, no words spoken but the radio playing softly in the background. I couldn't take my eyes off him, the man I would marry soon and who someone fell madly in love with me. He is my everything.

"Luke why does the whole house smell like something is burning?" I asked him when I walked towards the kitchen.

"Go put on a nice outfit, it's date night." He demanded when I leaned against the doorframe, his back was facing me as he stood by the counter, the slightly big shirt hanging loosely on him and his jeans that fit him perfectly. He had a recipe printed on a paper in front of him, trying not to mess everything up. He turned around when he noticed I hadn't left yet and looked at me with a grin on his face. "Even though I love it when you walk around in nothing but a towel, we're having a date night and I'd love it if you put on something nice." He said while he walked over to me, he placed his hands on my hips before leaning down and connecting our lips. He was so gentle in his movements, almost like he was afraid to break me.

"Is this why you put that dress in my suitcase?" I asked when I remembered the item of clothing I found earlier, I knew I hadn't put it in there.

"Yes and if you dig deeper, you'll find that lingerie set I love on you." He replied with a grin and I let out a laugh while I shook my head gently. "Go get dressed before I burn everything." He said again while he took a step back from me. He walked back to the counter and I let out another soft chuckle before I went back to our bedroom picking the clothes he had packed for me from my suitcase. I looked at the dress and his favourite set of lingerie with a smile before going back to the bathroom. I tried to make the mess on my head look somewhat decent and used the little amount of make up I had lying here. We each had a few items we just left here, which we always forgot to bring so we figured it'd be better if we just left them here and bought new ones for home.

When I finished putting on my makeup, I went back in the room to slip on the dress. When Luke walked into the room, he walked over to me and slowly zipped up the back of my dress. He didn't say anything but he placed his left hand on my hip before moving my hair to the side with his right. He leaned down to place the softest kiss on my bare shoulder and a grin formed on his lips when my skin got covered in goosebumbs.