Bedtime Can Suck

Evangeline took a bath without protest, enjoying the toys and the bubbles. She let Peter dress her up in a pair of Frozen pajamas, even though she didn't know what Frozen was. She even settled down to watch a movie in a room her Papa had said was all hers. She laid in the small bed while Peter sat on the floor next to her bed, and they watched a movie called Mulan. She made it till the very end when he eventually fell asleep to Peter stroking her hair softly.

Eventually, Peter left the room, making his way to his own that was across the hall. Instead of going out as Spider-Man, like he normally would, he just went to sleep, exhausted after his day with Evangeline. He knew Wanda was going patrolling tonight, so he wasn't necessarily needed.

Peter slept peacefully until he heard a loud, ear-piercing scream from across the hall. From Evangeline's room. He was in her room in less than a second, ready to fight off any bad guy that was trying to hurt her. The room was empty though, the bad guy being her own mind.

She had woken herself up from screaming so loud, and ran out of her bed into Peter's legs, crashing into them and sobbing. He picked her up carefully and brought her to his own room. They just sat on his bed for what felt like years to Peter but was only like an hour while she cried herself out of tears.

"I'm sorry Papa," she eventually whispered.

Peter shook his head and continues rubbing her back. "Don't be sorry baby, I got them too." He told her, knowing she had a nightmare. She didn't say anything, just sat in his arms and sniffled. "You know how I got rid of them?" He asked. She didn't say anything, just looked up, clearly intrigued. "I help people. I'm a superhero, people call me Spiderman. I go out and fight with the Avenger yeah, but I also go out and help regular people on the streets. Make sure they're safe, stop bad stuff from happening."

She sat in silence for a second, then made eye contact with Peter. "Can I do that?" She whispered.

"We can talk to the Avengers about it in the morning, okay baby?" She nodded and Peter laid down, still cradling her to his chest.

The rest of the night was still filled with nightmares, but this time she had her Papa to stop them before they got bad.

...

Okay hey. I meant to post this last week, but I got distracted, sorry.

Also sorry that this is really only a filler chapter, the next one's longer promise. Like a lot longer.

I'll try and post it either Friday or over the weekend, sorry!

Thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed!

-Becca
Love y'all!