Confliction

I just had to stay and help with the wedding? 'are you insane? Do you think I'd be swayed by a kidnapper?' I was signing things at him like crazy. "(Y/n) stop." His voice was harsh now. I flinched and remorse flooded his eyes. Yet he proceeded to speak the same, "(y/n) let me do this for you," kamek walked in, "He's gonna help us. Alright." I looked him dead in the eyes and made up my mind 'If I help with the wedding and stay here, with you, will you let everyone you captured go?' He watched intently and nodded, "of course. Kamek, shes agreed and is gonna be staying with us for a long time."
"Whatever you say boss, I still think this is just for you but-"
"Kamek," he cut him off, "she will be of great use to us" Kamek looked at him suspiciously. "Are you sure it's not just for your desires?" Kamek laughed nervously.

"That not why I brought her here, YOU know that. You know what were really after." The conversation ended with a grunt from kamek and I was led into a different room to go with the 'procedure'. Waluigi sat me down in a chair and strapped my arms and legs, "(y/n), this might hurt a bit." He spoke a bit wary and I looked at him in panic. Kamek looked at Waluigi who gave him a thumbs up and he waved his wand in my direction, and I felt a sharp pain in my throat. My body was shaking with pain and I felt the ropes burning my wrists and ankles as I tried to get out of the chair. I felt as if someone was ripping my lungs out of my chest through my mouth and all I wanted was to stand up.

Before I knew it it was over and I was slouched over in a heaving, sweaty mess. Waluigi untied me from the chair and I looked at the bloody mess that was my limbs. I signed 'help' with the little strength I had left and he picked me up. The last thing remembered was kamek whispering to Waluigi and falling asleep on a bench. When I awoke my mouth was dry and my eyes were worn from tears. I woke up in a different room covered in pink. The soft voice of a woman spoke to me, "oh so you're awake? How are you feeling?" I looked over to see peach, she always looked beautiful, even while being a prisoner. I gave a thumbs up in response to her question when in reality I felt like I had swallowed a curling iron. She handed me a glass of water and gave me a weak smile, "they're gonna come back to check on you. Poor thing, you should run away while you can." The sadness in her voice ran down my spine, but I couldn't run away, if I did they wouldn't set everyone free, no matter how desperately I wanted to leave I couldn't. I sat up and drank more water. I drank it slowly, it hurt to drink and yet felt so good. The door slammed open and peach froze up. Kamek and Waluigi walked in, "so? Any progress yet?" Kamek sounded annoyed. I haven't even thought about speaking and how I'd sound, and frankly I was scared to do so. "Well give it a try, sooner than later please!" He slammed his tiny turtle hand agains the wardrobe and books fell off. Sudden I felt as if everyone was staring at me. I signed to Waluigi, 'what's his deal?' Waluigi flicked kamek and he fell off his broom to the ground. He scowled at is best kept quiet from then on out. Peach sighed and looked at me, "go on then." I took a breath and attempted to speak, "ihm sorrry." My voice cracked, and I covered my face in embarrassment and peach giggled. I had never spoken before obviously, but I understood the shapes and sounds. Yet It felt like pushing a bolder up hill, very frustrating.

"Why are you sorry? You couldn't stop bowser." She had a genuine sound to her, she'd definitely been through a lot. "I got in the waye back th-there, when you were kidn,,napped." I felt stupid saying things. I couldn't say anything well. She smiled, "no you didn't, my fault for throwing a huge party," she looked at me, "I'll help you get this whole speaking thing down."
"Okayee" my voice was so wobbly sounding, like I was going through puberty. "So-" Waluigi cut our conversation short, "you can speak, that's amazing. Now it's time for us to hold up our end of the deal." He snapped and people were dragged in wearing cheap rope cuffs. " everyone we had captured is now going to be set free." I looked at everyones faces, I didn't know a single one of them. I thought Luigi and Daisy got captured. " where's D-Daisy?" I tried speaking louder over the rustling of the surprise prisoners. "Oh Daisy? She's a guest we invited to the wedding. She came here on her own terms after we invited, no kidnapping involved."
"Then whhat about Peachhh?" I was coughing now, I didn't even know If he could hear me. The noise was getting to kamek too and he swiftly hit the people on their heads with his wand and they all fell to the floor asleep . Then, Waluigi spoke up, "Peach isn't one of my prisoners so I can't let her go, I said I would only let go of the people I captured. But because I'm feeling nice I let go most of bowser's too. So you'd better be a good caretaker of Peach." And with that final statement he, Kamek, and the now awoken prisoners walked out.

"You poor thing." Peach gave me a gentle hug. "I-I wish I could've helped you guys m-more" She released the hug, "it's not your fault. He tricked you." Peach was so kind to me and I hated her in the beginning, I really judged a book by its cover. I felt tears sting my eyes, but I blinked them back. Peach looked at the grandfather clock in her room, "its almost time for the wedding, help me get ready?"

"Okay."