Chapter 4 - Nightmare

Notes: change of POV for a bit. Trying to write something for Claude is a challenge somehow.

===

Stop.

“That brat is not my daughter nor a princess”

He knows that voice. It’s his own, yet it speaks words he does not mean to say.

“Blessing and glory upon for the Sun of Obelia.”

*Sting* his chest hurts looking at the cold eyes of the girl staring at him.

The scenery changed.

He can see his hands on the girl’s neck.

Stop.

I will kill you right here and end this.”

The girl looked at him with a sad eyes and smile.

Stop!! He screamed desperately.

***

Claude’s opened his eyes with sweats all over.

‘A dream’ he thought, ‘No it wasn’t. I did that’. It’s such an unpleasant feeling he wanted to throw up. He silently sat on the sofa covering his eyes.

Claude took a deep breath as he look at the window. The moon shine across the window illuminating the flowers on the table.

Are you really my Father?”

Another memory of his daughter flashes. He remember that day when he felt like he just wake up from a long nightmare. Her daughter face was filled with hope as she uttered that question.

“Athanasia is the little fool who loves her dad.”

Claude feels a bit calmer as he remembered her smile. He stares at the Lapliea on the table. His daughter always brought him whatever that is in season.

“Flowers suits you dad. You look extra handsome with it.”

He unconsciously chuckled. "How silly."

He sits quietly before standing up and left his room and made his way to the Emerald Palace.

He knows she is back. She was here yesterday. He just want to confirm it again with his own eyes.

***
Back to Athi's POV

// in some random time in the future

"It's increasing again." Lucas said as a matter-of-factly.

"Huh?!" What?? When??

When he said 'increasing', Lucas is referring to the protection spells Claude placed on me. He seems to do this when I was resting.

It happened so often now I should stop being surprised.

"You have better protections than a castle."

Huuu...I'm not sure I'm happy to be compared to a castle.

"I guess more can't hurt. What spell is it this time?" I gave a sigh.

"It will rip intruders to shred."

"I don't think it works since you are here." I frowned.

"No spells can stop me if I want to be here." He said cheekily.

"You should be able to notice the additional spells by now."

Are you saying that I'm slow?! I can't tell yet, but apparently Lucas can even tell what kind of spell it is in a glance.

Grrr, just you wait.

Our interactions as student and teacher are often like this. He just said what I should have been able to do, and me desperately proving myself.

***