Chapter 5

It was a late afternoon. 

There is a familiar golden hair on the couch of Emperor Claude's chamber. 

Near the sofa, a kneeling figure with a pair of blue jewel-like eyes are examining the sleeping royal.

Unlike the usual, Claude De Alger Obelia is observing his daughter instead of the other way around. 

His daughter has fallen asleep while waiting for him when he went out to attend some unexpected matter. 

He reached out and carefully arranged her hair. 

Before long, Athanasia's eyes slowly opened and her blue gemstone eyes, much like his own, gazed back at him. 

*** Back to Athi's POV ***

... Uh, what do I do now?

I fell asleep while waiting for Claude and now as I wake up, I find him staring at me with his hand on my cheek.

.... (Athi)

.... (Claude)

This silence is killing me, I should do something...

"Morning Athanasia."

Claude greeted me before I can say anything. 

"Mor...ning Dad." It is not morning though, but oh well, never mind. 

"..." (Claude)

"..." (Athi)

What is with this weird situation?! I am still lying down on the couch, and his hand still on my cheek. Uh, now he is pinching my cheek??

"... Dad... what are you doing?" I am confused as hell.

"I am trying to be you." He said in his usual straight expressionless face.

What do you mean???

"You often stare at me and poke my face when I sleep."

I am Athanasia! Seems to be written behind him. 

T-that... just what.... My eyes went round and I just can't find words. 

...

"What is this nonsense." I stiffened my expression, sharpen my eyes and used the calmest voice I had.  

If you are Athanasia, then I am Claude. How's that! 

Claude's eyes widened.

"..." (Claude)

"..." I must be crazy, this is so embarrassing, someone please bury me! 

"You need to work on your presence. I don't sound that weak."

I am crying inside.

"Let's have a walk." He moved the hand on my cheek and offered it to help me get up from the couch. 

***

// Note: I need some ideas on what other day-to-day events to cover. Let me know if you have something in mind!