Chapter 21: Beneath Your Beautiful.

A/N: visualization for Brazil! This song is one you should really listen to! It's linked above!! Also happy for a double update AHHH!

We're in Japan now, the farthest I could probably be away from home, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss it because I do. I miss New York, and my apartment, and the office, but I know I'll be missing something else whenever I do go back home, and I'm looking at that thing right now.

I see him smiling, laughing in the chair, I see that dumb dimple, and I hear his soft words, and see they way his lips press together. I see the way that he takes care of me but secretly, he does it slightly so I don't notice, but I do notice. I noticed how he changed the snacks he had backstage so I could eat them, I noticed the subtle way he always made sure I had a water bottle so I could take my pills.

I saw how he purposely let me sleep in so I could get rest, and how he defends me when everyone picks on me in their playful ways, as if he's the only one that allowed to do that. I see the immense amount of care he gives to me but I pretend I don't notice, I protect my own heart.

"Did you see this?" Jeffrey walks through the door, and hands Harry his phone, making all of us turn our attention to them. I watch as his face falls, and I instantly wonder what the hell could be on that phone.

"What is it?" I ask, seeing his smiling, bubbly mood change.

"Headline... Audrey has come out saying some rather rude things about him." Jeffrey tells me, and I feel my heart sink. That dirty little-

"What did that rich little brat say?" Kate asks, and Harry doesn't say a word.

"The same old thing that's been circulating around him since he was in the boyband... The stuff about him being a womanizer, the titles, and nicknames.. Same old stuff." Jeffrey mumbles. "I hate bringing this to you right now, but I just had to warn you, and the rest of you just in case a pap approaches." He tells me, and the rest of us, but I'm mad.

I knew Amber had a bad side, I knew I had a reason to hate that bitch, and it's my fault she even spoke up.. Harry chose my attention over hers, and she's hurt over that, but she's dumb for thinking he wanted her for more than a hookup. Jeffrey takes his phone away from Harry, and pats his back.

"I'm sorry, don't let it get you worked up man.. You know how these things go." He tells him, but I'm so infuriated by this, this shouldn't be "How things go." I watch Jeffrey leave, and I stand, walking to the wrack.

"That's such bullshit." I mutter, and take the suit we talked about before off of the wrack. "She never should have opened her fucking mouth." I spit out, and Harry is on his own phone now, scrolling. Anthony looks to me, the rest of the room in an awkward silence. Mitch and Sarah are sat on the couch, and Kate is working on his hair, Helene lurking as well.

"Why are you so mad?" Anthony asks me, and I burst.

"Because he's my friend! Because he isn't anything like that, and he doesn't deserve to have his name drug in the dirt because of a jealous little-" I start, and stop once I see everyone's shocked expressions. I'm confused until I think back on my choice of words, and look to everyone.

Kate has completely stopped what she's doing, her lips parted as if she's speechless, and Harry has lost the somber attitude, smiling into the mirror, trying to conceal his smile with his fingers to his lips. He's watching me through the mirror. Anthony looks alarmed, scared almost, and Sarah and Mitch are questioning my words. Helene is also smiling, but as she always does, she's pretending as though she heard nothing, she's toying with her camera. "What? Stop looking at me like that." I shake my head at everyone, and Kate goes back to his hair, everyone else turning away.