Chapter 5

"Oh, you're here!". A familiar voice pierces through the silent hall.
It's Hobi Hyung. He puts his arm around my shoulder, taking me out of my daze and making me lose my train of thought.

"H-Hyung..." I stutter.

"What's this?" He asks looking at the paper I'm still holding firmly with both of my hands.

"Nothing. It's nothing!". I say while folding the paper as fast as I could, and I put it in my pocket.

"Ok then! We have to go, everyone's waiting for us. Namjoon is going nuts in the group chat". He states with a loud cheeky giggle, while forcing me to walk forward, towards the elevator.

"Hyung?! Can you wait for me at the elevator? I left my bag at the chilling room. I'll be back in 2 seconds, I promise!"

I manage to convince him to wait for me at the elevator, as I ran back as fast as I could to the chilling room, to see Sara for one last time... and also get my bag.

I get to the door, and before getting in, I reflexively wipe my sweaty palms on my pants. I take a deep breath, then I step inside.

Sara is still sitting, quietly, in the same place I left her, eyes fixated on her phone's screen.

I gather up my courage and I clear my throat to announce my presence.

"Ahem ... I'm so sorry, I made you wait!" I say nervously, while scratching the back of my head.

"Oh no no, it's fine. Don't worry about it!" She shyly replies, with her gaze lowered to the floor and the cutest grin plastered across her face.

"Umm... I'm sorry, I actually have to go... right now. I have a practice session I completely forgot about. I don't know how long it will end up being, so I can't make you wait for me again.But we didn't finish our conversation, and I didn't get to hear the story you were about to tell me before we got interrupted, so..." I apologetically explain. Her eyes widened up a bit at the news.

I could see her facial expression change. She didn't look annoyed. Not at all. She looked rather uncomfortable, and I totally get her. She picked up a wallet that happened to be mine, and was kind enough to come all the way here to give it back to me. I'm the one who invited her in, and made her wait for me, to then ask her to leave?! We didn't even get to have a proper conversation! How rude is that?

What makes me feel even worse, is that I already know she's an anxious person. I still remember when she chocked at the café after I teased her. She's also extremely shy, and probably just as awkward as me, so I can kind of tell how weird all this must be for her.

"I'm really sorry, I wish I had the chance to stay a little bit longer..." I add, to break up the awkward silence that fell between us.

"You don't have to worry about it...seriously!" She quickly replies, letting out a slight cute chuckle. She then stands up, rearranges her clothes and puts on her crossbody bag, all while carefully avoiding my eyes.

"I need to make it up to you somehow though! ... Can I ask you something? Do you have any plans for tonight?" I gather up my courage, and ask her.

And that's so unlike me.

"Umm...I actually don't know" She says with hesitation, nervously playing with her hands.