Chapter 9

02:07 am Me: Have a safe flight. Goodnight~

And...That's all I could come up with.

I almost didn't reply to him, I swear. It took me 23 minutes to finally be able to click on Send.
I don't know why I suddenly got so nervous.
Was it because I didn't expect him to text me again?

Little did I know ...

||

In the past 3 weeks, a lot has happened.

First and foremost, I finished writing my song.
I've never felt prouder of myself in my whole entire life. The second I finished writing the last line; I broke down in tears. That song is very meaningful to me. It's literally like a piece of my heart.
It was supposed to be a love song, a happy joyful love song, since I had started the writing process when I was still in a relationship, literally a week before I found my former boyfriend and love of my life on top of my then- dearest best friend.

That song ironically turned out to be a heartfelt breakup song, that describes perfectly each and every feeling, emotion and thought that I had throughout this whole time, from diving into the deepest pit of depression to standing up for myself and getting my life back together, and how I finally woke up from the beautiful nightmare I was in for the longest time.

Hence why it's called Beautiful Nightmare.

Another major life change that happened in the last couple of days, is that I moved out of my Airbnb in Hongdae to the apartment I originally rented in Myeondong.
It's always been a dream of mine to live alone, and whenever I pictured my dream place, I would see a tiny, cute and cozy one room-style apartment, and that's exactly what my apartment looks like right now.
It's everything I could've ever wanted.
The neighborhood it's located in is pretty clean too, nice and very safe to walk around and I really feel at peace here.

Happy is the right word to describe how I feel right now.

When I told Jungkook I was moving, he wanted to send one of his friends to help me out, which I found incredibly sweet, but I obviously turned his offer down, since I don't even have that many things to move.

Because yes, Jungkook and I have been texting ... pretty often.

So weird!

In the beginning, he would text me every other day, and then it weirdly became like a daily thing.
He'd text me literally anything; a picture of a Hot Dog place that he loved or a nice building that he saw, a funny video of one of his bandmates goofing around... just anything.

Thanks to him, I visited a lot of cool places here in Seoul too, in the past 3 weeks.
Every day, I'd wake up to a text from him, with a suggestion of a place to go or an activity to do. Since we're in different time zones, 17 hours apart, he would text me during his lunch break LA time but I'd be sleeping then, so I answer as soon as I wake up. But since he's busy all the time, he doesn't get to text me back until he's about to go to bed when it's still the start of the evening for me, so I'd still be out and about wandering in the streets of Seoul.

Speaking of, Jungkook hasn't texted me since last night, just before leaving for the airport.
He said he's coming back today.

If I say I haven't been waiting for him to come back, I'd be a big liar.

All this time, I couldn't get used to him and I talking every day.

But then... who can?