Chapter 6

Jungkook had called me at 5. I don't know how he got my number though. I don't remember giving it to him.

He called to ask me if we were still meeting up. He said he couldn't wait for my call, and that he cleared his schedule for tonight.

We agreed to meet at 8 at the park of his apartment complex residence, located in Hannam. But he said he was going to wait for me at the entrance, or otherwise the security guards wouldn't allow me in.

I started getting ready as soon as our call ended. I took a shower and got dressed in no time, since Hannam is quite far from where I'm staying.

I put on my favorite black ripped skinny jeans, my Nirvana grey tee-shirt, layered underneath a black and white plaid flannel, with a black denim jacket on top since it gets pretty chilly here in Seoul, at night.
I was ready to head out after I put on my white slip-on vans, but I surprisingly decided to put in a little bit more effort on my appearance.
I definitely would not call myself a makeup girl, but I somehow felt like I wanted to put some on tonight. I ended up putting a tiny bit of highlighter on the tip of my nose, a little blush on the apples of my cheeks, and then gave my lips a quick sweep of my sheer pink strawberry-flavored lip gloss to make them look shiny and hydrated.

As I went to reach for the keys placed on a tiny shelf next to the door, my reflection on the mirror that was hung above it caught my attention.

I'm a whole different person.

It felt like time had stopped, and all I could think of was ...

I thought I was strong before, but the person I'm looking at, right this second, is undoubtedly the strongest person I have ever laid eyes on.

It's still a weird sight.

Thinking about it, sometimes I feel happy. I feel thankful I went through that horrible time. I like to think it was all one big life lesson, that helped me grow so much as a person and toughen up.

But some other times, I just feel sorry for myself. Why would anyone have to experience something as horrendous and as bad as what I experienced? And why would anyone have to accept and think such a horrible thing is okay?

A buzzing sound coming for my phone interrupted my daze and brought me back to reality.

"Oh shoot! My Uber's here." I screamed while checking my phone, before quickly putting it in my crossbody bag as I run out the door.

|

I arrived at Jungkook's apartment complex residence at about 8:10. The second I stepped out of the car, the huge gates of the residence opened, to reveal the shadow of someone standing behind the security guards' booth. I just stood there, frozen, in confusion, not knowing what to do.

"Hey! Come in... quick!"

It was Jungkook.

He only whisper-shouted that, but weirdly enough I could recognize his voice. He waved his right hand in the air, gesturing for me to get in quickly.

Taking little strides, I walked past the gates. I joined Jungkook in his little hideout, and awkwardly stood beside him. It was too dark there to even see his face, so I couldn't greet him in any sort of way. I couldn't smile at him, nor could I shake his hand or give him a hug.