3

If this Chapter had a title, it'd be "Baby Talk".

"Patty?" Lorna questioned their seemingly empty apartment, the bland hallways seemed to make the Woman's name echo- which caused an (unusual) amount of anxiety to buzz through her. She discreetly walked down the hall, peeking in each room and searching for the other. "Darling?"

She'd looked through the place, Patty wasn't in the kitchen, bathroom, sitting room, or office - one place remained. Their bedroom. She swiftly moved to the room, still keeping quiet, she peered in. Patty was indeed there, staring down at a small jumper. A really small jumper. "Patty?"

The blonde seemed started, seeing as she'd jumped very hard. "O-oh! You're home!" The piece of clothing was tossed behind her as she rushed to properly greet Lorna. "I didn't hear you come in, ha!"

"Are you, okay, Patty? This is abnormal behavior for you."

"Oh, I'm fine! Let's go have dinner, Babe," She laughed it off once more, and pulled Lorna forward and away from the room. Lorna stared at the small sweater as they moved away- confused more than anything. When Patty finally let go, she'd gone right to making food. "What do you feel like having?"

"What was that little- shirt?"

Patty never looked at Lorna, instead she stared at the contents of the fridge - mainly the ingredients to lasagna. "I-I was thinking we have something with Pasta!"

"Patty."

"How do you feel about lasagna?"

She was ignoring her wife, someone who she'd vowed to listen to. It was starting to mess with them both - in very different ways, Lorna was getting angry, and Patty extremely nervous. But why? Lorna was (despite how she hid it) a very caring and nice person, especially to Patty. The raven haired woman pulled Patty back away from the fridge, "you did not answer my question."

Patty stayed silent, messing with the end of the sleeve that hung loosely over Lorna's hand, which held her wrist. "It's just a baby shirt, y-you don't have to be so m-mad."

"Why do you feel the need to hide it then?" She asked, letting go.

"I just didn't want to show you," She said, "I felt like you weren't ready to talk about kids yet."

"Oh." Oh.

It did take her a minute. It took her a few minutes, 3 minutes and 45 seconds, to be exact, before she'd realized that Patty had just told her she'd wanted kids. Patty wanted children, to raise, with her. Well, they were married, why was this coming as such a shock for her? It was simple, In sentence that is. There was always that anxiety with children, though. So she sat down, at the island as patty moved around and cooked.

"Adopting or a donor?"

Her words had made Patty, yet again, jump. They'd been silent for a while and Both were terribly focused. "Uhm, I actually wanted to have the kids, if that's okay with you."

Lorna's expression fell soft, and she moved forward to Patty. Her arms loosely around her waist, she kissed the back of Patty's head.

"Of course it is," She muttered, "But we'd definitely need a house, not an apartment. It would not be efficient for raising children."

"Are you suggesting we move, Missy?" Patty joked, feeling less nervous, more relaxed. Lorna hadn't been opposed to the idea, she hadn't declined she'd asked as if interested in fact. Lorna nodded into her shoulder and she smiled as she moved to poor the second layer of sauce. "I guess that could be arranged."

"I'd be happy to oblige."

"Oh? Really?" She faked surprise, and turned to Her - still mocking shock. "Wow!"

She smack Patty's shoulder and sighed, "this is what I get for loving you."

~

"How many rooms does it have?" Patty asked, leaning forward over the back of the couch, her chest pressed to the pillow Lorna was using. The home looked okay in the pictures, that guaranteed nothing though.

"Four bedrooms, Two full bathrooms, a finished basement, an 'office', completed kitchen," She listed, and a scrolled down a little on the page, "and it was last updated about a year ago."

"How much is it?"

"Hundred-Seventy-Five." 

"Oh." Patty whispered, standing properly, setting the basket of (clean) clothes on her hip. "So, do you want to look at it?"

Lorna focused a bit on the screen. "Yeah. I believe, I do."

"Alright!" She squealed, sitting down next to Lorna. She leaned down an laid her head onto her shoulder, letting her curly hair tangle with The straight black hair that was pulled back in a neat ponytail. "We're going to see a house, a house that could be our home, Lo."

"I am aware."

She smiled and swiftly kissed Lorna's neck, before starting to fold the clothes. Welp, life here we come.

~

They'd done it. Patty was too excited about the home. It was a dreadful green at the moment, but the rest of the house was ascetically pleasing, one could say. The pictures were surprisingly accurate, and the rooms were quite large. It came as a huge surprise that no one had made an offer on the home, the appliances we're intact and working perfectly as well as all the furniture. Even the basement was nice.

"Oh, Dear, can we please have that one?" Patty begged, as soon as they'd gotten into the car. Of course Lorna had been caught by the puppy-dog-eyes. "Please?"

"Are you sure that you don't want to look at any others?"

"Lorna, the house is perfect! It's got a yard, the bedrooms, a finished basement, it's all so swell! Can't you see it?"

Lorna sighed and started driving. Once she had her mind set to something, she got it. Patty huffed out, the house was perfect, she could see the kids, rushing around on the yard, having fun..

They were quiet, a soft tune (the newest hit) played in the background as they headed to their apartment building. Lorna's face was sort of stern and concentrated, as Patty's was soft and sort of confused, as they looked out different sheets of glass.

"I love you." They'd both said simultaneously, Patty cracked up and Lorna just smiled.

They really were a perfect fit. They'd balanced it out, help solve one another. And soon enough, they'd be maintaining a house and kids. Their I love you's would be shared with another person, they'd be raising a small human. If this worked.

~

*dramatically* END SCENE.

Ugh This is bad lol sorry to anyone who is burdened with this book. But, I'm know for having a love hate relationship with angst and this could go MANY ways.