4

Today, was the day. Their home was coming together well, and the place seemed to be better for both of the women. Everything was in its places, and boxes had been put in the small garage. Though, today, was Patty insemination, in which had Lorna all over the place. She was very stressed. If this hadn't worked it'd be a while before they could try again due to paying off the new home still.

"Calm down," Patty reassured her, kissing her cheek, "We'll be fine. I'll see you later, 'Kay?"

"Yes," She sighed. Though she'd forced herself to look relaxed until Patty had left the house. Then she was right back to almost ripping her hair out. "Fuck."

What was she going to do? The house was clean, they'd just ate before Patty left, and- Oh. The Bookshelf was empty. But they'd had plenty books? Was it possible they'd left their books in a box somewhere? She stood, too quickly, and tried to find those Damned books.

She checked all over the house, almost turned the whole thing upside-down before she'd properly checked the basement to find their box labeled "books". She opened it, what happened to be on top? Sherlock-fucking-Holmes. She smiled, she should read that again, hm? Taking the box in her hands, she carried it to the bookshelf and began putting them away in Alphabetical (and color) order. Which didn't take as long as she'd hoped, Patty wasn't home yet, but, she did have time to reread the book then.

She sat down on the left end of the couch and pulled a quilt over her legs, but left her fuzzy unicorn socks sticking out. She pulled it to her face and held it by the spine, glaring at the cover with interest. No matter how many times she'd read it, it'd always be good, always interesting.

She smiled fondly, Patty had cosplayed with her. She'd forever be the other half of their iconic duo. That's when she actually opened the book and started relaxing. It'd taken her ten minutes to find the books, twenty-five to put them away, and three to open the book. Geez, woman, you need to relax more - it shouldn't have been that hard.

~

"Lorna?" Patty's voice came out meek, quiet, almost worried. "I'm back."

No one came to the door, and no footsteps, buuut~ since it was a very open space, she could see her wife hunched over her book. That same fond smile Lorna had wore earlier found its way to her face. She took of her jacket, hung it and smirked. She was going to try and scare the ever-living-crap out of Lorna.

She turned to their front door and SLAMED it. As quickly as she could she turned around - just in time - to watch Lorna throw her book in the air and jump off the couch.

She looked over and did some-weird-angry-happy look, "pATTY!"

"Hey, you noticed I'm home!" She joked. "You been reading the whole time?"

Lorna picked up the book, sighing. She's lucky she's a bloody genius, and remembers everything. "I filled the bookshelf."

Patty skipped merrily into the room, smiling (hard) as she joined her lover on the couch. She sat close, laying her head on Lorna's chest. The soft drum of her heart against her ribcage.. Patty smiled. It was steady and normal. She slipped her round glasses off and placed them on the coffee table. Lorna smiled, making room for Patty to lay against her. And that the woman did, she laid against her wife. Face in her neck, legs tangled, and arms loosely around her- but of course, there were two benefits for Lorna. One, Laying with Patty, two, She hand a book-stand. Alternatively know as her ass.

"I love you.." the blonde muttered softly, nuzzling into the body heat that Lorna seemed to radiate. She let her fingers trace the end of the worn-band-tee, and get a shiver in response.

"I love you as well."

~

'A couple weeks,' Patty reminded herself, stepping into the local market. She looked around the home and smiled. Not to many people were there, but a young lady stood with a small child at their (small) toy section. She made eye contact with the young woman, who smiled and nodded, and she waved. Moving quickly, as not to get distracted by the fact that there was a kid, she found herself face to face with the pregnancy tests. She didn't know. What was it supposed to feel like?

She'd known basic symptoms, Cravings, morning sickness, so on, but she'd not gotten those yet- or she might never.

Inhale, exhale.. She replayed Lorna's words. She grabbed the small box and walked to the register, looking, feeling, and radiating, nervous. "Think your expecting?"

She hadn't realized a small elderly lady had been standing at the station, but when the words sunk in she smiled. "Hoping, Ma'am."

"Oh," The woman laughed, "I hope it works out then. And feel welcome to come back."

Patty looked at the small pin on her diamond-patterned shirt, "I will, thank you, Josie."

"Not a problem, Dear!"

She grabbed the bag and sped walked back to the pale blue house she'd called home, almost as quick as her wife was driving from work. Once they were both home, Patty took the test.

She put the test in the box, washed her hands, and opened the door. Lorna was tugged in, and they stood there, staring into one another's eyes.

"This could be negative."

"I am aware, Patty."

"And if it is what do we do?"

Lorna smiled, holding Patty's freckled face in her hands. She'd been waiting for that. "We wait till we have the money, and then we try again, alright, Mon  Amour?"

She just smiled, her dimples showing. "I set an alarm for it."

"That's brilliant."

"Thank you.."

Lorna smiled moving her thumb out of the way, as to see each freckle on Patty's face. She looked every single one of them over, numbers flicking around in her head.

"What are you doing?" She giggled, cheeks flushing under Lorna's gaze.

"Counting stars." She muttered, watching the soft pink go a bright red. "You have the Canis Major on your face. Did I ever tell you?"

"Once I think-" the alarm went off.

Patty just smiled, grabbed The wrists in front of her and giggled. "You'll love me if this isn't positive?"

She melted and leaned in, kissing the light pink lips of her love. "Of course."

"Okay. I might not love me, but you've got enough for both of us!" She joked, pulling Lorna's hands off of her face. "Let's do this."

She turned to it and picked up the small stick. Looking over it quickly, she frowned. "It's.."

She'd never felt such dread so quickly, Lorna could have sworn she would puke.

"Positive!"

She stood still for a moment, Had she really just fallen for that? "I hate you." Was all she said, as she walked away. Oh, and, "I need more coffee if this what I'm dealing with."

"Loooo, you know you love me."

~

I'm going to spice it up. Just hoping not to get too much.