4. Is He Real?

I began calculating and engrossed myself in the upcoming expenditure during this travelling. I had always thought that first I wanted to explore every nook and corner of my country, Paradise Falls. This place was majestically gifted with nature. It was nature's favourite country. From the mountains to beaches to deserts to heavenly landmark fields to exotic food tastes enriched with love and culture. You name it and it offered to you everything and more than you had wished for. It was truly nature's favourite realm.

I was so busy in minding my own business that I didn't notice that he was coughing, sometimes light and then loud.

Maybe to get my attention?

I asked politely, 'do you need cough syrup or something?'

Still lightly coughing, 'you have?'

'No, but you can ask that lady with a child. She surely must be having.'

He gave a brief look to that lady who was currently trying to make her baby sleep.

'Naah, I am good and moreover, I only prefer Mucinex DM, I can't compromise with quality.'

Okay, no problem. 'Good for you.'

Whenever I meet a stranger, I always observed that person. Getting to know the person, the way he or she behaved, how that person talks and therefore, I will prefer to give curt and short replies.

'Hi, I am Dexter Ray. You seem very busy in some sought of map work' He leaned closer, way too close, 'what are you marking on the map'?

I am having that uncomfortable feeling so, with all politeness; I said to him, 'Hi Dexter, you are invading my personal space. Just back off a little bit.'

'Oh! Am I? I didn't notice.' He said with a slight smirk.

'Oh is it! I think you have weak eyesight. Looking at your condition of coughing and eyesight, you must consult a doctor.'

'Ha-ha, you must be joking.' He faked a laugh.

With all seriousness, I said, 'do I look like I am joking?'

'You don't seem like a very chatty person'. He tried to make conversation playful.

Oh boy, you have no idea!

'I do only when I get comfortable.' And I again started marking my destination on maps.

'Oh! So are you feminist kind of types? Hating men and not talking to them?'

This caught my attention and I looked at him flabbergasted, 'What????? What on earth are you talking about?'

Is he real?

'Yeah, you seem so busy giving me all curt replies.' He was stating obvious.

'First of all, I don't know what your definition of feminism is but I don't hate men. I told you when I will feel comfortable I will talk to you. Isn't that simple?'

'Oh right! Mostly I always make such a strong impression on others that conversation starts happening in a flow. I don't have to initiate it.' What was he trying to imply?

And man, you really have made an impression.

'Looks like, you had like-minded company when your conversation speeds in a bullet train.' I shrugged.

'No, no. I am a very diverse man. This is kind of my speciality.' He forwards his chest and was looking so proud.

So, he is a boaster.

'Well, I don't have any speciality. I am a simple average girl.' Even if I have dozens, I have no intention to tell him.

'Yeah, looks like it.' And he had that smile on his face that could melt hearts but mine became poisonous after hearing his comment.