20 (a) Sorry Won't Settle

It just happened.

Unconsciously it happened.

We both never planned for it,

But somehow it happened.

Situations got tangled between us, cities played tricks over us. We couldn't keep our minds off each other and therefore we resulted in doing something that shouldn't have been done in a span of few days of just barely knowing each other. But how could we be blamed for something when the entire fault was of the "spark"?

One week passed and we had covered Mash Mill city, Hunky Dory town and OMG city. Each city was blooming with its own history and heritage. I never knew that the history behind the name of OMG city was that people loved ginger so much that from their dinosaur's age they named the city as Oh My Ginger.

And without anyone's notice, Brayden and I were leaving our footprints in their small homelands. We didn't leave any stone unturned to make those memories that will be with us for the rest of our lives. Our nights were warm but our days were cold.

It all started with that one day when we were in Mash Mill city and then there was no stopping.

I was packing my backpack and simultaneously singing Grenade by Bruno Mars though I changed a few of its lyrics and tried to bring as much pain as he did in his singing.

"Someone pack my backpack for meee,

I will do anything for yaaa,

If not anything then definitely something for yaaa."

My backpack was filled with goodies and since I was literally pulling my backpack just the way Bruno pulled his piano on road, it was just that I was feeling that pain in my cosy and cheap hotel room but suddenly I heard a knock on my door and it sounded very urgent.

'Did someone really come to help me?' I was shell shocked.

I opened it and saw a homo sapien that I was least expecting. 'Wassup Rabbit. How can I help you?'

'Hey Scarlett, I have a f-favour to ask.'

His eyes looked like that I was his only saving grace.

Okay, this is strange.

'You know right, I won't let you live peacefully after this favour. But yeah tell me, what favour?'

He muttered something, something about his chaotic life but I decided to ignore it.

'Actually, can you please iron my shirt.'

Say what??? This I wasn't expecting.

And then suddenly he shoved his blue cheque heavily wrinkled shirt right in my hands.

'What? Why?...'

I was always confused to find x in mathematics exams but this confusion was on a whole different level.

'I know, I know. But I can't explain in detail right now. It's just that I have an appointment in 30 minutes and I have to be at that place anyhow.' There was this deep anguish in his tone. 'But, I have to rush and get my clothes from the laundry place as well since they are closing down in 20 minutes and then there is this wrinkled shirt. Can you please iron this? PLEASE.'

He said all this in one breath and the moment I said okay, fine he just sprinted like his life was on the line.

Well, having no other choice, I got an iron from a housekeeping department and plugged in my earphones and started ironing his shirt while listening to Maps by Maroon 5. I was so engrossed in that song that I did a twirl with my eyes closed on the line of "the map that leads to you" to rejoice myself and when I opened my eyes, the smoke was rising up.

'OH SHIT!!! OH SHITT!!! OH SHITTT!!!'

I hurriedly switched off the iron and looked at the shirt. Nothing much was damaged but a small like a really tiny viny hole was formed at the end of his shirt.

'He is going to kill me.' I knew my end was near but I couldn't give his shirt just like that so, I did little trick on his shirt that would spare me a few more years to live.

And I calmed myself. In another 5 minutes, there was a knock on the door and I opened it with a bright fake smile.

'Hey Scarlett, can I have my shirt? He was out of breath and he looked to be in a hurry.

'Yeah, why not, I ironed your shirt very carefully. Nothing has happened to your shirt and I made sure that your shirt should not have any wrinkle for your important appointment.'

Someone just kill me.

I handed over his shirt with firm hands but a shaky heart. I hoped he doesn't scream at me.

Just don't look down at your shirt. Pretty please.

'Thank you so much, Scarlett. I can't tell you how much you have helped me.' I just smiled at him and then he looked down at his shirt and to my horror turned it upside down as well.

He saw it. He saw that.

'Scarlett, WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY SHIRT?????' He unfolded his shirt and now his face was pure horror and the series of apologies was on the tip of my tongue.

'I am so so sorry Brayden. I seriously didn't mean to do it.' I seriously didn't. 'But, look I fixed it. It's a small hole at the end and I stitched it with safety pins.'

I was so proud of myself.

'No, one will notice, I will help you in tucking your shirt so; no one will ever know that your shirt got burned.' My voice got low at the end.

'I was such a fool to actually trust you. I told you this is important for me and I don't need YOUR help in tucking my shirt. I know how to wear it.'

'I am really sorry, I wasn't careful. I am so sorry.' I was feeling bad for him but more for myself.

'Which you are never and sorry will not settle anything.' He emphasised each word. I thought his teeth will grind into powder.

'You did this purposefully.' I shook my head.

'I don't believe you and now you just wait and watch.'

I was so sorry and I know this was my entire fault but I desperately wished if he could believe me. I planned to even go after him and tell him how bad I feel about this whole situation. I wasn't careless as I was labelled by him but I kept on giving him reasons.

I am so sorry Brayden.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello lovely readers,

What do your brain and heart tell you? What will enfold between our Scarlett and Brayden *wear your Sherlock glasses to find the hidden answers 🕵️‍♀️🕵️‍♂️*

I have just finished The Girl on the Train *flying popcorns everywhere* and I have started reading The Book Thief and I think I can't stop myself from turning every page 😍🤭

Stay tuned for the next chapter, might drop it anytime soon.

Send your love through votes, comments and feedbacks. Please don't forget to share it among your friends.

Happy Reading and lots of hugs💖❤