13. Secrets of Oatsjunk

I never knew that my life will take such an unexpected turn.

After gruelling 12 hours' train journey, I hopped on the bus to take me to my destination but unavoidable traffic led the bus to take unexpected other routes while I was listening to music, engrossed myself in imaginary world while my eyes were closed that when the bus made a screeching sound stop, it left me stranded in no man's land. I couldn't even complain.

Just why? Why nothing goes perfectly?

Not even a single person could be seen, the road was muddy and the sun was at its peak. The weather was playing a cruel game with me. I didn't know where was I? How much time it would take me to reach the city and was I planning to walk all that way?

As far as my eyes could see, there were large farms of Oats. I couldn't see any single shape of two legs and two hands with a head barely resembling like a human except scarecrows.

I took a sip from my bottle water, took a dust-filled deep breath and started walking in an unknown direction.

Someone would definitely cross this place. That was my only hope.

I tried to be optimistic and thought that maybe this is the chance for me to get a ride from a handsome cowboy. Maybe he would come on his magnificent shiny black horse with the charm and charisma and would offer me a ride.

I took out my phone and looked into the camera and shrieked loudly. My lips were all dry, my hair resembled a wrestling match between the wind and dust and I had a huge pimple on my forehead.

I dusted and tried to compose myself in the best of my abilities and walked for an hour.

My hope was running thin because not even a single soul crossed by but then suddenly I saw some movements at the far end. My eyes were droopy to understand the whole picture.

On getting a little bit closer, I saw that some black thing was coming having sway in its body and someone was sitting on top of it. I could only see the hat of the person.

Woohoo look he is coming.

I hurried my pace to get a ride and then the picture started getting clearer.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

We both got very closer.

'Whatcha a young girl like you is doing here in Oats field? Eyy.' The moment he saw me, he questioned me and a little bit tilted his hat.

I was just looking at him and his animal and from their looks, I could imagine that both were trying to understand my dying and miserable state. 'Do you want a ride? Need any help?' He again asked.

Should I take this ride?

Can't this whole situation become better?

I shook myself from my handsome cowboy dream and contemplated the situation. The ride particularly looked dangerous since there was no safety on it and I believed that I won't be having any space on it to sit since I might fall back the moment I will sit.

How I desperately wished for a handsome cowboy and a black shiny horse not a black shiny buffalo with a 70 year old man riding it.

'Thank you so much sir for your kind gesture but I think I am good.' I wanted to cry and laugh both at the same time.

'Are you sure? This baby...' he patted on buffalo. 'is strong just like me.' He patted on his overflown belly and smiled.

'Oh! There is no questioning on the overpower of strong muscles being displayed right in front of my eyes but I would prefer to walk.'