33. Today Only

Brayden's POV

'Wooh, Scarlett, you are looking so horny right now.'

She was drinking water and the moment she heard it, she spits it out and then wiped her mouth, 'WHAT? I am wearing my cupcake pyjamas and I am in my messiest self, what's horny about that?'

'Your hairstyle that looks like kind of back to school but to me, they looked like two horns so, yeah you look horny.'

'If that was a joke, then let me tell you, it stinks badly and FYI, this is called double braided buns and what are you doing here in my room? Aren't you getting ready for Celebration?'

Days passed quickly and we headed to Color's Community for the Celebration. Now, when I looked back at the time in such unusual circumstances I met Scarlett where she was beating the shit out of some robber. The first thought that came into my mind was, "she's going to bring trouble for me". It's funny how that thought moulded into something so pure when I took this journey with her, I realized that she breathes life and I had to learn so much from her crazy ways.

I can't part my ways from her. That alone idea stinks badly.

'I just came here...' and then she moved around the bed and stood in front of the mirror, 'what are you doing Scarlett?'

'What it looks like? I am applying banana peel all over my face. Ahjumma came and she gave me a fruit basket. She's such a sweet lady.'

'Why would you do that?' I went near to her and she was rubbing the peel in a circular motion around her face.

'Firstly, that's my no-budget salon-style skincare and secondly, due to all this travelling, I look like a walking zombie and tonight is going to be grand, didn't you see the preparation?' She took another peel. 'So, as I was saying, yeah, I need to prep up.'

'Is it so? Give me peel too, I will also do that.'

The look that she gave me clearly stated that she didn't believe me.

'What? Wasn't I travelling with you? I also need to look handsome which I am already but today; I am preparing myself for something else too.'

And then the struggle began since the mirror that hung on the wall was small in size but even in that sweet tussle of getting a mirror to your own self, a thought with its lightning speed hit me that what if we get together, then Scarlett and I would breeze through life together just like these past few days.

THE EVENING enchanted the Color's Community. There was this surge of gusto within the people. Laughter and joys were the acquaintances of the night. I was blessed to witness that humankind was actually being kind to one another here. There were no complaints and no demands.

I was helping Ahjumma and Ahjussi to set up their cubicle that had beautiful antique items such as Korean Hanbok Dolls, traditional Korean Ornate Jewellery Box, Korean Paintings and even Premium Soju. All this while helping, I just kept on murmuring the lines in my head that I would say to Scarlett. I was nervous and excited at the same time to see her and to be with her.

I came to the main ground where the festivities were in full swing and my eye caught attention when I saw her in her white lace flowy dress which she paired it up with blue denim jacket dancing so beautifully with Arab ladies on the beat of mix Arabic Spanish music. She was trying to imitate their steps and her joy knew no bound when one of the ladies crowned her a burgundy flower crown. Her eyes met mine and she waved at me and very politely she excused herself and came rushing towards me.

Brayden breathe, breathe, breathe, breathe....

But her sorcery was beyond my control because I got trapped in it when she hugged me.