Chapter 42: Nobody

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

The sound of blood drops hitting the ground, soon followed by one of Byakuya's sleeves, cut off by Ichigo's attack.

Byakuya: What was that flash of light... ? Was that the ability of your zanpakutô... ? Ichigo Kurosaki !

Ichigo: Yeah. At the instant of the slash, it absorbs my spiritual energy, and releases highly concentrated spiritual energy at the tip of the blade. Magnifying the slash attack... And then flies forward. That is Zangetsu's special power.

Ichigo: I've never been able to do an aimed shot before. Until today, I didn't even know how I made this happen. Urahara once told me "The only thing I can teach you is preparation". I didn't know what he meant, until I trained with Zangetsu. The only person who could tell me about Zangetsu... Was Zangetsu himself.

Zangetsu: So... You're finally able to do it at will... Then it's time for me to tell you, Ichigo. Since knowing its name and not knowing its name makes a big difference in the resulting attack strength. Remember it well, ichigo. The name of that attack is...

Ichigo: Getsuga Tenshô !

"We'll say it once again, Byakuya Kuchiki. Fight us with your Bankai. We will definitely defeat you !"

Byakuya: ... "Charging toward the sky..." ? What an arrogant name... So be it. Since you so strongly desire my Bankai... Witness it with your eyes and remember it well...

'Huh... He... he let go of his sword... ?'

Byakuya: Don't worry. You won't regret it. Before you can do that, you will most certainly be rendered into dust in front of me. Bankai...

Byakuya: Senbonzakura Kageyoshi !

At this point, it wasn't even looking remotely like a blade anymore, but more like a constant stream of flower petals, attacking Ichigo all at once. And even though he managed to evade the first wave, him trying to counterattack was...