𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦

LILLIE WALKED TO the town meeting that night along with lorelai, rory and mia

LILLIE WALKED TO the town meeting that night along with lorelai, rory and mia. she wasn't close to mia like the gilmores despite having also known her from a young age, the woman knew her dad when he was a kid.

the girl noticed luke coming out of the diner, sending him a bright grin when they walked past. "hello lucas." she greeted him.

"well, at least we're not late. luke's never late." rory stated.

the diner owner joined the group, walking toward miss patty's with them "actually, we're two minutes early." he corrected.

"ha! we should get a prize for being on time."

"hey luke, let's go back to the diner and get some pie as our reward."

"ooh yes! i want pie." lillie giggled in agreement.

"then you'd be late."

"a funny conundrum, but i want pie."

"you're harassing me now." he said irritation clear in his voice as they finally reached miss patty's going up the steps. lillie held back a giggle as lorelai continued to tease the man.

"i'm not harassing you. we're your groupies." lorelai joked before speaking in a high voice. "oh luke you're so dreamy, be my guy!"

"no, be my guy." rory protested mockingly."

"he's my guy." lillie joined in, smiling teasingly at the grumpy diner owner.

"i'm bringing up the need for police protection at this thing." luke said before walking in seeing everyone already in there, having started the meeting.

"i think we're late." mia commented.

"what's going on here?" luke asked suspiciously, everyone looking at him as if they were caught doing something they shouldn't.

"uh nothing."

"meeting was supposed to start at eight taylor, it's a minute to eight."

"well..." "oh you might as well be honest with him taylor." miss patty cut him off.

"be honest with him about what?" lorelai chimed in.

"well if you must know, there was a special issue that the business community had to deal with, so we decided to start early tonight." he responded vaguely making lillie narrow her eyes in disbelief.

"i'm in the business community and i wasn't told about it." luke stated confused. "taylor?"

"all right, fine. you weren't invited luke." taylor finally admitted, the blonde teenager shaking her head in disapproval.

"and why is that?"

"controversy." mia said, holding onto rory's arm.

"you weren't invited because we are dealing with the jess situation."

"the jess situation?" luke repeated looking away from taylor angrily. the mention of the boy's name made lillie ball up her fists angrily. it made her furious just hearing them talk about him like he was something that needed to be dealt with.

"uh oh." lorelai muttered looking to rory. "if thus was the wild west, we'd pushing the horse aside and diving into the water trough right about now." she said as she walked with rory to her seats, lillie relucatantly following, sitting on the end of the row, a scowl on her face.

"damnit taylor!" clearly luke was as mad as lillie was. she listened as taylor proceeded to attack and insult the boy she had grown especially close to in the time he has been in stars hollow, growing increasingly angry as she did. she listened as luke defended him, despite knowing the things jess has done. she listened as everyone else began to list the the things he'd done until she couldn't stay quiet anymore.

the blonde stood suddenly drawing the attention to her, lorelai and rory looking at her concerned. "shut up." she started angrily. "none of you know a thing about him. we may live in stars hollow, but believe it or not, it's not all sunshine and rainbows for everyone. he has his own stuff to deal with and he's acting like this because he needs help. but none of you care about that. none of you even care enough to realise that i've been doing every single one of those things with him. i helped him release all those frogs. i drew the body outside doose's. me. but you're all so ignorant, none of you noticed. you're too busy trying to make a struggling 17 year old boy feel more unwanted than he already does." she ranted, everyone looking at her in astonishment. she let out a breath. "whatever, you're all pathetic." she stated simply before leaving ignoring rory shouting after her, slamming the door as she left.

the blonde quickly marched to the diner, looking for the teen boy she just spent five minutes rambling about. she knocked on the door quickly, still filled with adrenaline. when she got no answer, she knocked again but harder letting out a groan. "jess!" she shouted before the door finally opened revealing said boy, his hear dishevelled and clothes wrinkled, clearly he was sleeping.

he tilted his head looking at the girl questioningly, "lillie? what's going o-" he was cut off as she barged past him going into the diner. "woah, what's up?"

"they suck." lillie replied shaking her head, not meeting the other's gaze.

"who suck?"

"everyone! the town! they all suck!" she said, her voice raising slightly.

"what happened?" he asked, cautiously taking a step closer to her and holding her arms to encourage her to calm down. she breathed out, closing her eyes before opening them, immediately locking with jess' brown eyes.

"ugh, they just- they were talking about you-" this made jess furrow his eyebrows in confusion.

"about me?"

"yeah, just all these awful things. they basically attacked luke. i just got so mad and i yelled at them all."

"you yelled at them?" he asked, a smile tugging at his lips at the thought of the girl defending him.

"of course i did. they're making it out like you're freaking la monte young or something." she rolled her eyes remembering the stuff they were saying. she let out a sigh, calming down only slightly, to glance up at him. "you know you're not totally unwanted here?" she says with a frown.

jess tilts his head, the smile on his face growing as he cocks an eyebrow, "oh yeah?"

"yeah." she nods, her breath catching in her throat as she noticed their proximity. her blue eyes flickered from his eyes down to his lips momentarily. "i know..i know it may not seem like it. it probably feels like the whole town is ready to run you out with pitchforks but i..."

"but you?" he echoed her, encouraging her to finish her sentence as he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, letting his hand linger there.

"i..want you here." she admitted pursing her lips, as he lent in slightly. "jess.." her next sentence was interrupted by a pair of lips meeting her own. she stumbled backwards in slight shock, their lips still connected before she kissed him back, winding her arms around his neck to pull him closer. she felt her heartbeat speed up and her cheeks burn red feeling his hand on the back of her neck.

the two finally pulled away to catch their breath, jess staring at the girl, his eyes flitting over lillie's face trying to read her expression as he bit his bottom lip. her mind felt as if it was going a million miles an hour, it wouldn't slow down enough so she could even think straight.

the only thing running through her mind was his lips on hers which is what led to her pulling him back into another kiss.