Chapter 2

"What are you doing here? You never come to town..."

Vlad brushed some invisible snow off his winter jacket, that oddly looked like his normal suit jacket, the only difference was the visible foofur on the cuffs and neck lining...

"Well, I had a new store opening ceremony, as well as Maddielen, ran out of kibble, and since I was already in town I thought I'd get it myself..."

Danny sighed, 'Guess even evil villains need to do errands...', Danny felt dizzy again, the blow to the head was not helping with the fact he'd barely slept more than four hours in the last week... or was that two?

"Daniel!!!"

Vlad quickly grabbed Danny's elbow before he completely lost his footing and hit the ground... again... he then guided him over to the outdoor seating next to them, brushing off the snow before they sat down.

Danny held his head in his hands as the feeling of nausea and his empty stomach churning got to him any more, he really hoped it'd stop soon... But suddenly, a wisp of blue icy air escaped his lips, 'Aww great... just what I needed...', he went to get up to find a place to Go Ghost, but Vlad grabbed his arm and stopped him.

"Daniel, stop... it can wait a moment, you need to get your barrings..."

What was this?... was Vlad... Vladimir Masters... also known as Vlad Plasmius... being nice? To Him?!?

Danny knew Vlad wanted to make him his son, but this was his first time showing any kind of concern for his well-being... it was... strange... maybe it was just a new trick into getting him on his side?

"Nice try ya Frootloop, but I don't have time for this..."

Danny checked his surroundings, he jumped into the air before transforming above him.

"Catchcha later, Frootloop!"

He then flew off towards the area his Ghost Sense had directed him in. He wasn't surprised when it was his own house, he went intangible and flew into the basement to find Technus hacking the Ghost Portal!

"Technus! What in God's name are you doing!!!"

"Why making some upgrades of course~! I thought it'd be a good idea to make this a ghost only portal since the GIW have discovered this one, you, of course, will still be able to make it through, but if any overworld items or people try to go through then~"

Technus then picked up a box and threw it at the portal, but instead of going through it bounced off and flew across the room making a loud bang!

The lab door was thrown open as the trigger happy Ghost hunters ran down the stairs...

"GHOSTS! Madds turn on the Ghost shield! Don't want them escaping!"

"On it!"

The sound of a loud switch being throw and the ecto-shield wirling to life could be heard.

"Opes! I haven't calibrated it to your unique ecto-signature yet my liege!!!"

"It's fine! Just go! I got this!"

Technus hesitantly entered the portal as Maddie ran down the stairs, she then threw the Ghost laso around Danny, further trapping him.

"No way out of this Ghost Boy!"

"Yeah, you tell him Madds!"

Maddie rolled her eyes under her goggles. Danny couldn't phase-out of this there was clearly no way out of this... except for one... and if he didn't then his parents would dissect him, tearing him apart molecule by molecule, as they had told him a billion times before...