Chapter 5

As Danny slowly drifted back into consciousness from his dreamless slumber, he found that he was too comfortable to open his eyes. For once in his 'undead' life, Danny found that he was actually not freezing! Sure the last time he'd felt like this was in summer... And his father had yelled at him for turning the heat on...

Yes, the cold didn't affect him, but that didn't mean he didn't wish to feel warm...

After a while, he finally located the source of the warmth and instinctively wrapped his arms around it, bringing himself closer to it.

"Daniel I know I'm a great catch, but this is a bit much..."

The words reached his ears but he couldn't find any meaning in them...

Wait...

Words?

Someone had spoke to him?

...!

Someone had spoke?!? Someone was there!!!

And just like that Danny's eyes shot open, as the younger Hafla released the older and flipped out of bed, falling straight on his shoulders.

Making a quick recovery, he backed into the furthest corner of the room, curling in on himself, instincts told him to go intangible and make a run for it... But his powers were still acting up on him to do anything other than flicker in and out of existence.

"Daniel! Oh no, don't try to use your powers or you'll go unstable again!"

Vlad was being nice... Again... This was too uncharacteristic for him, he didn't trust this, and as the older Hafla came closer to him, he began flickering more. Even the lights around them began flickering intensely in reaction to Danny's stress.

Finally, Vlad decided it was too much, any more and Danny could seriously hurt himself. So he backed off to allow him to calm down, but before leaving the room he turned back to him.

"I'll be down the hall making us breakfast, once you've calmed down feel free to join me, if not I'll bring your food back here."

And just like that, he left. Danny then scanned the room, making sure no one else was there before sneaking into the bathroom not far from him. He looked around, it was just a powder room really, it had a mirror, sink, cabinet, and a toilet, no shower or... Tub... He put the missing amenities out of his mind for now as he walked over to the mirror and sink. He was in the sweater and long sleeve from the day before, be he seemed to have lost his pants at some point...

Danny ripped off his sweater and shirt, revealing the six-pack he'd developed over the years, his old scars and new bruises... And his bandaged arms... They had once again become dirty with his blood and ectoplasm...

Danny quickly unravelled them, not caring if they ripped open again, few did and some had never closed in the first place. Danny looked at his arms, recalling the last two days...

His own parents didn't except him and had tried to drain the ectoplasm out of him... Almost killing him in the process... And they'd probably try to again... The other ghosts were right, he should have joined them a long time ago...

But...

What if his parents were right? What if the only way to be excepted was to drain his ectoplasm?

'No!... Stop thinking that way or you'll go as crazy as them, or worse... The Frootloop...'

He put it out of his mind, but it was like a starving animal in the back of his mind, the Ghosts barely excepted him even though he was seen as their prince after defeating Pariah Dark but since he wasn't ready to be king a lot of ghosts began to dislike him more, and the living never knew what to make of him, even after he and the other ghosts saved them from that meteor...

The more he thought of it the more that animal thrashed around. Danny walked over to the cabinet hoping to find some fresh gazes...

He did...

But he also found a pack of razors, and just like that, the animal was freed.

Danny grabbed three things out of the cabinet, the gazes, a towel...

And a razor...

Taking his findings over to the sink counter, Danny placed the gazes to the side. He then wrapped the razor in the towel before quietly and carefully breaking it, freeing the four individual blades. Hiding the extra three and chucking the broken plastic, Daniel stared at his reflection while holding the blade to his arm... He closed his eyes and without thinking, dug the blade in, not deep enough to kill him but enough to cut across his veils...

He was expecting immense pain like he had two nights before... But he didn't...

Instead, he felt...

Relieved?

It was strange, and it didn't take long for his arms to be littered once more with fresh cuts... But still, he didn't feel anything pain.

Danny discarded the blade in the trash and then wrapped his arms as tight as he could without losing feeling, it didn't take long for then to bleed through so he added a second layer just for security. It wouldn't be good for anyone to see, sure he could blame the majority on his parents, but Vlad would easily see through that... Even with a low amount of ectoplasm, his healing factor was still in effect, it was simply a little slower than normal...

After Danny threw on his shirt and sweater, he left the washroom to find his pair off pant that Vlad had discarded the night before, throwing those on as well. Danny then debated whether he should search for Vlad's portal once more, but was surprised into discarding that thought as Vlad walked into the room with a tray of syrup covered waffles and orange juice.

"Ah, good to see your up, I brought you breakfast. I've already ate, so you can either eat here or we can take this to the dining room?"

"Uh... Here's fine..."

"Splendid! I shall leave it here for you, once you're done I ask that you meet me in the living room, once more. We still have a few matters to discuss."

Vlad placed the tray off to the side on a small study desk before leaving the room once more. As Danny sat down to eat, he had only worry about what that Frootloop wished to discuss...